Your favorite hated/underrated albums

Wicked Child

DYNO-MITE!
Mar 4, 2003
Vista, CA
Visit site
What albums that are for the most part looked down upon or just forgotten and underrated do you actually like? C'mon....don't be afraid. We won't make fun of you.

Much. :loco:

ok...i got my list....don't laugh...

Queensryche-Hear In The Now Frontier
Dio-Strange Highways
Judas Priest-Turbo
Judas Priest-Jugulator
Judas Priest-Ram It Down
Megadeth-Youthanasia
Anthrax-Sound Of White Noise
Van Halen-OU812
Bruce Dickinson-Tatooed Millionaire
Black Sabbath-Eternal Idol
Black Sabbath-Headless Cross
Black Sabbath-TYR
Black Sabbath-Cross Purposes
Deep Purple-House Of Blue Light
Celtic Frost-Cold Lake
Pantera-Power Metal
Scorpions-Face The Heat
Helloween-Pink Bubbles Go Ape
ZZ Top-Rhythmeen
Rush-Presto
Metallica-S/T

Judas Priest - Turbo
Dio - Strange Highways
Megadeth - Cryptic Writings
Black Sabbath - Tyr
Halford - Crucible
Forbidden - Twisted into Form
Mercyful Fate - Time
Thin Lizzy - Renegade
Riot - Narita

KISS - Crazy Nights!
Gets bagged for having keyboards and sounding too pop like they were trying to be Bon Jovi. Maybe so but it's probably the most solid album they ever put out (only one filler track on the whole thing I reckon which is No No No) and Paul Stanley's songs especially are the best stuff KISS ever wrote. Look at Reason To Live, Turn On The Night, I'll Fight Hell To Hold You, My Way... UNREAL songs! Even Gene came up with a couple of great ones on this album, especially Hell Or High Water!

The rest of the '80s non-makeup albums
That's right - Lick It Up, Asylum, Animalize and Hot In The Shade. ALL killers but get completely ignored and disregarded by KISS and the media and also alot of fans. Musically & songwise the band was at its peak during this era. Also I mention these albums in particular because Revenge gets HEAPS of credit but these albums are WAY better I think. Revenge had some great songs but tons of filler and wasn't even a return to form for Gene like most people say it was. He fluked 2 great songs (which became the first Gene-sung singles since 1982) but the rest of his songs on the album are total garbage and there are only about 5 Paul songs to lift the quality of it. I think its a case of "Oh this album has Unholy and sounds heavier so its a return to form". Yep just overlook the fact that half the songs suck and the 5 albums before it which get bagged are fucking awesome and way more consistent!

Judas Priest - Turbo
One of their best albums. Great songs and great production. So it's catchy and isn't fast, who cares? The quality of the songs is awesome, people should open their minds and not judge something on its "metalness" but on how good it is. It's still a metal album anyway.

Martin-era Sabbath
Their best albums hands down. Best songs, production and vocals they ever had. Thats all I have to say on this.

Pantera - Projects In The Jungle
Their best album. Bad production but the songs are what is important on an album and the songs on this are the best songs they wrote. These songs deserved to get the band a record deal and bigger budget to record the album better.

Def Leppard - Adrenalize
One of their best albums. I only dislike 1 songs which is "Heaven Is". The rest rocks and the 3 ballads are the best 3 ballads they ever wrote.

Ratt - Detonator
My favourite Ratt album. Desmond Child rules and brought the best out of their songs, this is the catchiest Ratt ever were. And "Giving Yourself Away" is one of the best songs of all time.

Metallica - Metallica
I just wanna say this is my favourite Metallica album and I think it's their best. I know every single one of you will disagree, so shoot me! I'm not ashamed of my opinion. "ooh but its not thrash", who gives a fuck. It's still metal, the songs are catchy and well written, Kirk actually plays fitting melodic solos with a feel for once, and the production is out of this world.

Manowar - Louder Than Hell
I think that MANY other bands would wish that they had some of the songs this album has.
Pantera - Power Metal
This is by far Pantera's best album. Pure Heavy metal and Anselmo's best vocals

Montrose - s/t Ronny Montrose's band featuring Sammy Hagar before his VH days, one of the heaviest discs of the 70's and hardly anybody knows of it. Sadly the follow-up "Paper Money" was a real step backwards. This one's a belter tho'.

Manowar - Louder than Hell - Does exactly what it says on the label. Why this album is slated is a complete mystery to me.

Rock Goddess - Hell Hath No Fury - Great album from, IMHO, the best all-girl group from the UK. Yet most folk only know Girlschool who can't hold a candle to the Turner sisters.

Manegarm - Havets Vargar - For me, the greatest Viking metal album ever.

Wizzard - Songs of Sin and Decadence - Awesome Heavy Metal, traditional yet played in a Blackish style. This is pure headbanging fun.

Anything by AC/DC, Brocas Helm, Deep Purple, Lord Weird Slough Feg, Paragon, Running Wild and ZZ Top rules - period!

David Lee Roth : Eat them & Smile
Skyscraper

Slayer : God hates us all

Body Count : Cop killer

Voivod : Killing Technology

Metallica - Metallica, Load, Reload, St. Anger
Iced Earth - Horror Show, Dark Saga, Tribute To The Gods
Slayer - Diablous en Musica
Judas Priest - Turbo, Ram It Down, Jugulator, Demolition
Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Innerturbulence

Rigor Mortis- Rigor Mortis
Rigor Mortis- Freaks
Rigor Mortis- Rigor Mortis vs The Earth
Atrophy- Socalized Hate
Exodus- Impact is Imminent
The Haunted- The Haunted Made Me Do It
Monstrosity- Millennium
Sanctuary- Refuge Denied
Forbidden- Forbidden Evil
Dark Angel- Leave Scars
Mercyful Fate- Dead Again
King Diamond- Voodoo

Trixxi Trash said:
KISS - Crazy Nights!
Gets bagged for having keyboards and sounding too pop like they were trying to be Bon Jovi. Maybe so but it's probably the most solid album they ever put out (only one filler track on the whole thing I reckon which is No No No) and Paul Stanley's songs especially are the best stuff KISS ever wrote. Look at Reason To Live, Turn On The Night, I'll Fight Hell To Hold You, My Way... UNREAL songs! Even Gene came up with a couple of great ones on this album, especially Hell Or High Water!

I agree 100%. "I'll fight Hell to Hold You" is my fave Kiss song period. Paul unloaded all of his vocal arsenal he had on that one.

Bryant

Underrated by who/which standards?

I have seen so far a lots of albums that I don't consider udnerrated by me or anyone I know.
In any case, albusm who people either had bashed or that are seldom mentioned:

All The Flower Kings albums (awsome prog rock from Sweden).
All Blackmore's Night albums
Scorpions - "Fly To The Rainbow"
Black Sabbath - "Dehumanizer"
Amorphis - "Far From The Sun"
Anthrax - "Persistence Of Time"
Angra - "Fireworks"
Baron Rojo - "Tierra de Nadie"
Blue Oyster Cult - "Cultusaurus Erectus"
Cathedral - "Caravan Beyond Redemption"
Bruce Dickinson - "Skunkworks" (even Bruce hate it :err: )
Force Of Evil - "Force Of Evil"
Iron Maiden - "Killers"
Pink Floyd - "Animals"
Rainbow - "Down To Earth"
Saxon - "Destiny"
Steel Prophet - "Into The Void (Hallucinogen Conception)"
Suicidal Tendencies - "How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today"