Most underrated band/musican - in your opinion

ZDevilInside

New Metal Member
May 4, 2020
Yes, it is going to be another one of those threads but with a twist. Name whom you think is the most underrated band and musician that you cannot stand.

For me, Kip Winger was underrated as a musician. I hated him when his music came out with Winger but I actually met him in person when he lived in the Santa Fe, NM area. He was quite down to earth and I didn't realize who he was until I asked him his name. I commented that I hated his band and he laughed about it. He said he heard that a lot but they were just trying to get paid in the era of Hairbands. He had to go a certain route to be able to get out there. I said I could tell he was quite talented as a musician and he appreciated it.

Underrated band - Exodus. They were amazing. I was surprised at how well they did riffs and just general guitar play.

Honorable mention - Within Temptation. I didn't like the music I first heard from them and didn't listen to them at all until my wife started to listen to it and I re-evaluated them. That lady has some lungs! Stand My Ground is the one that made me realize I liked them and can't list them as an underrated band anymore that I cannot stand. LOL

I almost went with Dokken until I remembered WHY I got into heavy metal - my brother learned to play the guitar to Dokken, Ozzy, Scorpions, Van Halen and Tom Petty bands. I cannot hate them because my brother passed away long ago and the last time I actually saw him was when he was playing a Dokken song.

I was tempted to joke that the underrated band was Milli Vanilli but I didn't want to get banned on my first post. ;)

Last edited: