most underrated metal albums???

DEEK

Oct 18, 2002
Visit site
that unmderrated metal bands list got me thinking. what do you believe are the most underrated album(s)??

i say:
My Dying Bride- 34.788%...Complete. yes, it's not like thier others, but still creavive and good. you have too listen to it from a different angle. don't think of it as being MDB.

If it's truly underrated, then almost no one has ever heard of it.

I say the Mary Beats Jane self titled album was pretty underrated. Never heard of it? Pretty underrated huh? The vocalist went on to a band called The Haunted after Mary Beats Jane broke up.

It's hard to say...
Maybe Limbonic Art's first LP "Moon in the Scorpio". If you ask me it's among the 10 best black metal albums made and clearly the best they've made (and the only one I liked of the 3 I've heard by them)!
It's hard to say if it's underrated or not. Because I like it and other people don't, doesn't necessarily mean that it's underrated. Because many people may not have heard of it doesn't mean it's underrated either. Maybe they didn't sell that many copies of it. Maybe there was only 5000 who liked it or maybe it was marketed the wrong way and so on, and so on. I actually think "underrated" is more or less impossible to discuss, as there's no saying what underrated really means.

MuDvAyNe's 'L.D.50' is definately unnderrated and overlooked. But then again so is Abruptum's 'De Profundis Mors Vas Consumet' so I guess we can't all have perfect taste.

Originally posted by SculptedCold
MuDvAyNe's 'L.D.50' is definately unnderrated and overlooked.

Are you fucking joking?How did you come to this conclusion?
They're on MTV,they have successful tours and earn enough money to live off.All this from one album which is supposedly "Underrated"?
Yes,I know they have another re-released album but no-one gives a shit about that.

I think Pantera - Reinventing The Steel is pretty underrated. Alot of Pantera fans hate that album but I loved it. I FEEL SO ALONE. It didn't have any melodic songs like what they have in The Great Southern Trendkill and it was mostly heavy songs.

Slayer - Show No Mercy
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Alice In Chains - Facelift (not metal, but whatever)
Exodus - Bonded By Blood

I couldn't really think of a lot of underrated albums...meh...

Originally posted by Hatebreeder33
Slayer - Show No Mercy
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Exodus - Bonded By Blood

Alice in Chains - Facelift (not metal, but whatever)

I was really glad to see that placed where it is...I think AIC in general are a pretty underrated band nowadays..although they were praised during the grunge era..Most of that was simply because grunge was THE thing..They were a KILLER band though..probably my all time favorite..haha today anyway..

Originally posted by Hatebreeder33
Slayer - Show No Mercy
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Exodus - Bonded By Blood

Kill `Em all is not underarted. It is a good album, and is regarded as a good album. See the various polls.

I find the first 3 Stormwitch albums are far underrated. Hard to understand that these guys fucked up after that.
Cheerz

Kill `Em all is not underarted. It is a good album, and is regarded as a good album. See the various polls.

I don't know, lots of people I know on the internet don't like it very much.