Underrated bands?

Rhapsody is huge are you joking? Compare there plays on myspace(I know this is gay but I don't know how else to prove it) to like Kamelot or Dragonforce they don't even have real music videos

Ulver wasn't really part of any controversy, they've hardly done much in the style of "pure" 2nd wave black metal (Nattens Madrigal is it for the most part) and they're not as influential as any of those bands.

Rhapsody is huge are you joking? Compare there plays on myspace(I know this is gay but I don't know how else to prove it) to like Kamelot or Dragonforce they don't even have real music videos

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZYpxQEPzpJk[/ame]

Haha, not a real video, but still damn entertaining (and fairly professional).

I definitely think you need to ask around more. Rhapsody is very well-known on this board, and quite a few people like them. Those who don't tend to dislike most power metal in general. I don't think they're very underrated. They're definitely one of the more appreciated bands in power metal around here.

He's struggling with the fact that he likes a band that doesn't get sizable loads of hate here.
:lol: Because they're overlooked by the major 2nd Wave albums, DMDS, In The Nightside Eclipse, Transilvanian Hunger, etc.. basically you get into Ulver after you get into the more popular 2nd Wave bands.

Underrated bands for me...
Insomnium-Edge of Sanity/Opeth/(early)In Flames sound
Farmakon-jazzy Opeth

Evoken
Eucharist
Heathen(yes, the late 80s thrash band!)
Keep of Kalessin
Rapture-if you guys miss the sound of the first 2 Katatonia albums, you definitely will worship these guys from Finland!
Skepticism
Omnium Gatherum
Officium Triste
Falconer
Defleshe-no bullshit-just great Swedish Deathrash!!
Bozzio/Levins/Stevens
Absu
Shadow Gallery
Shape of Despair

How is Shape of Despair, Evoken and Skepticism underrated? They are like the most popular bands in that style?

Underrated bands imo:

Forgotten Woods
The Black
Helheim
Swordmaster
Memory Garden
Spiritus Mortis
Megiddo

Underrated, meaning not talked of as much as overrated bands, perhaps? I rate them highly myself, but IN MY OPINION they aren't regarded as much as more known bands in their style. Are Shape of Despair talked about as much as My Dying Bride, Anathema?(older Anathema, mind you) I know people know of most of the bands I have listed, but they're not regarded enough TO ME.

Primordial
Lair Of The Minotaur
Leather Nun America
The Lamp Of Thoth
Hour of 13
Wall Of Sleep
Be'lakor
Bloodfarmers
Pale Divine
Twisted Tower Dire
Augury
Cobalt(Great American Black Metal band)

anyways here some more
Rhapsody of Fire
Eluveitie
Dark Funeral

These are all pretty well known.
Eluveitie is hated on here, but yes, they are awesome.
Rhapsody is one of the most well known power metal bands.
Dark Funeral is well known and respected for a black metal band.

Totally forgot to mention one of my favourites, Machinae Supremacy. A bit poppy but still great power metal.

Vio-Lence - One of the best, if not, the best thrash metal band ever. They have riffs that are heavier than Kreator and Sodom, yet have songs that are catchier than Testament and Exodus. They kick the shit out of the big four of thrash, except maybe Megadeth. Eternal Nightmare and Oppressing the Masses are thrash mteal classics.

Twilightning - One of my ffavorite power metal bands. They sound similar to Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius, yet also have more of an 80s sound to them. Delirium Veil has nice catchy songs on it, and the keyboard and guitar work is amazing.

I wish vio-lence made more solid releases than just nightmare imo, didnt care for masses taht much and ntohing to gain is ok

I have to 2nd Skyfire. Hardly anyone listens to them but i think they are fucking brilliant. Extremely cunning guitar melodies accompanied by awesome atmospheric keyboard sounds along with keyboard overtones.