Similarities between Gorod and BTBAM

Overtures

Aug 15, 2011
I'd say they sound a lot alike. I've just recently heard of Gorod. I like them more. BTBAM drifted off into too much weird stuff. And the vocals were to quirky. But, that said, they sound a lot like Gorod and vice versa.

What are some more tech death bands that are groovy but still brutal?

Whatever, Gorod rips. What do you like? Pure brutal? What's up with morons liking only brutal dm? Enjoy life, dude. I don't even like brutal death metal ala Nile and Dying Fetus. Where is the appeal in that? I'm not attacking a certain style of music. If you like that stuff, then more power to you, but get over it.

Groove out. I prefer deathcore and metalcore to brutal dm. Melo deahth and black metal take the cake though. The obsession with brutality is some kind of over compensation shit.

Ellie Goulding is the jam as well. Fuck off.

It's a matter of taste. This is something we could argue about. I'd be glad too. I'll start. Fuck you.

Anyways. Let's try to make this conversation slightly valuable, even if we think one and other are fucktards.

What's a good nile song? My complaint with Nile is that their songs are awesome for about a minute but then it gets old...same old shred. I need diversity.

OH shitttsss. a green day song just came on. That means Process of a New Decline is finished. By the way. I'm new to death metal. and that album is offically my favorite dm album. On to this song Krigloch the Furious mentioned.

Damn, son. That song was definitely more awe inspiring than Gorod. It was almost like a legit DB opera. The chanting was a nice touch. The atmosphere was for sure thick and effective. And in terms of brutality, it ran Gorod into the ground. It's something I would listen to on a bike ride or a run. But Gorod is more accesible for casual listening. Thanks for this though. I may give it a few listens. It might grow on me and I'll dl the album.

Where in the fuck did you assume I like brutal DM? And I really am trying to find where the Ellie Goulding shit came from too...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the internet. That's where Ellie Goulding came from. I don't know much about metal. I grew up listening to punk. And from my experience with punk, if somebody didn't like a band, say Bad Religion, it was because that band wasn't "punk" enough. And that meant they weren't hard or fast enough, meaning, they weren't Aus Rotten, The Casualties, G.B.H or any of the other punk bands "real" punks liked.

I figure the same goes for Metal. If a band sucks. It's because they aren't hard enough or fast enough. It's really just an image thing, thus I threw my dear friend, Ellie Goulding out there because she is the antithesis of hard and fast. I'm going to check these songs out that you posted after I listen to this Born of Osiris song.

A lot of that sounded punkish. The first two. I can get down on that. Maybe you would like Oxblood or Oxymoron.

The Templars
Discharge
G.B.H

Toxic Narcotic is also the one punk band that ever metal head should love. Fuck off if you don't agree.