Your favorite hated/underrated albums

MURAI taste is *personal*. respect other people's taste and they will respect you more for it. thats how we do it here at the old school forum.

Comprende ? ;)

Judas Priest - Turbo
Judas Priest - Ram It Down
Judas Priest - Demolition
Judas Priest - Jugulator ( THIS ALBUM KILLS! )
KISS - Hot In The Shade
KISS - Crazy Nights
Rush - Presto
Anthrax - We've Come For You All
Whitesnake - Lovehunter
Krokus - Stampede
Black Sabbath - Eternal Idol
Europe - Out Of This World

JonnyD said:
I would call this one more Unknown!

Anacrusis - Manic Impressions ...... go out and get this NOW! you do not know what you are Missing!
Got it, but I prefer "Screams And Whispers" vocals :D Undeniably, 'Paint A Picture', 'I Love The World', 'Still Black' are great songs.

Wyvern said:
How do you say capisco in Dutch?
Begrepen ? ;)

JonnyD said:

Anacrusis - Manic Impressions ...... go out and get this NOW! you do not know what you are Missing!
I would say this is true for every Anacrusis album. But then, when it comes to Anacrusis I am a fanboy :D

JonnyD said:

Y'know, i own that album, and i really liked it the first time i listened to it, and it was in my player the whole first couple weeks, but i haven't listened to it in almost a year. I have no clue why. Maybe i'll fire it up again. Overall, it's a pretty unique and good album, but i never really cared for the guitar tone, though.

Wicked Child said:
Y'know, i own that album, and i really liked it the first time i listened to it, and it was in my player the whole first couple weeks, but i haven't listened to it in almost a year. I have no clue why. Maybe i'll fire it up again. Overall, it's a pretty unique and good album, but i never really cared for the guitar tone, though.
:lol: they would agree with you! On their website is the story of the band and they tell how they were never satisfied with the guitar tone in the studio.

Cool, I just have to quote Trixx:

Trixxi Trash said:
KISS - Crazy Nights!
Gets bagged for having keyboards and sounding too pop like they were trying to be Bon Jovi. Maybe so but it's probably the most solid album they ever put out (only one filler track on the whole thing I reckon which is No No No) and Paul Stanley's songs especially are the best stuff KISS ever wrote. Look at Reason To Live, Turn On The Night, I'll Fight Hell To Hold You, My Way... UNREAL songs! Even Gene came up with a couple of great ones on this album, especially Hell Or High Water!

The rest of the '80s non-makeup albums
That's right - Lick It Up, Asylum, Animalize and Hot In The Shade. ALL killers but get completely ignored and disregarded by KISS and the media and also alot of fans. Musically & songwise the band was at its peak during this era. Also I mention these albums in particular because Revenge gets HEAPS of credit but these albums are WAY better I think. Revenge had some great songs but tons of filler and wasn't even a return to form for Gene like most people say it was. He fluked 2 great songs (which became the first Gene-sung singles since 1982) but the rest of his songs on the album are total garbage and there are only about 5 Paul songs to lift the quality of it. I think its a case of "Oh this album has Unholy and sounds heavier so its a return to form". Yep just overlook the fact that half the songs suck and the 5 albums before it which get bagged are fucking awesome and way more consistent!

Martin-era Sabbath
Their best albums hands down. Best songs, production and vocals they ever had. Thats all I have to say on this.

Ratt - Detonator
My favourite Ratt album. Desmond Child rules and brought the best out of their songs, this is the catchiest Ratt ever were. And "Giving Yourself Away" is one of the best songs of all time.
Just one little thing: I think Hot In The Shade beats Crazy Nights.

Hawk said:
:lol: they would agree with you! On their website is the story of the band and they tell how they were never satisfied with the guitar tone in the studio.
hell, at least i'm not alone in that opinion! The band themselves agree with me! :lol:

Wicked Child said:
But, while listening to this, i ahve to say....his voice may be an aquired taste, but i do like Kenn Nardi's vocals.
Yea me too. In fact I think its one of their strong points! :) :headbang:

Wicked Child said:
I just like how he can go from actually singing, to shouting to an ear-piercing shriek at the drop of a hat. That's cool cool. And unique.
Absolutely!

I guess my favourite hated/underrated albums are "Terrestrials" and "Orgasm" by Atrox.

Actually both albums - especially the current one, "Orgasm" - also got some (very) positive reviews, but the bad ones are usually really bad, mostly bashing the vocalist, often claiming she can´t sing. Well, she definitely can sing, but she probably doesn´t sing as these people would expect/want her to do. I could imagine that to quite a lot of people her vocals are simply too experimental. I´d say that other bands would need 3 or 4 vocalists too achieve the diversity of her vocals on "Terrestrials". It´s definitely not music for the masses, but probably of that kind which you either love or hate. Well, it´s obvious that I love it!:)

My favourite metal album (together with "Terrestrials") is neither hated nor underrated (at least I don´t know of any bad reviews), but simply unknown (to the vast majority of metal fans):

Fear Of God - "Within The Veil"