Heretic

Morbid Angel

New Metal Member
Jul 29, 2003
In my room
Visit site
I'm sure that by now all of the Morbid Angel fans have heard about the new album "Heretic". I'm glad that they changed the title to "Heretic", because "H2K3" just sounded stupid. When I first heard that title I didn't have a clue what that meant. "Heretic" is a much better title. When I heard that title I saw the devil standing the middle of the darkest pitof hell laughing. Was he laughing, because he was saying that this album is totally gonna kick everyones *** or was he realling saying "God no!!! Not another Morbid Angel album!!!!!" I'm not sure what to thank of this new album. I was not impressed with "FFTTF" or "Gateways". I did own both and sold them. I don't know What do you think of the new album?

I just downloaded that track from "Heretic" and I was very impressed. I think that Heretic will bring new life to the band especially after the disappointing "Gateways To Annihilation". I don't know what it is about me and Gateways. It just seemed to slow and it made the riffs really boring, but forgot about Gateways, because i'll probably buy "Heretic" for sure :) .

Morbid Angel said:
I was not impressed with "FFTTF" or "Gateways". I did own both and sold them. I don't know What do you think of the new album?

:OMG:All i got to say is FFTTF disapointing? what was wrong wit that album? It defiitnitly made up for the cheesiness david vincents voice on domination. Truly one of their best and also one of Death Metals best. Gateways was a masterpiece as well, yes it was slow but the guitar work was just to die for as in it was either very heavy like Summoning Redemption, or beautfully written crushing songs like "I" "Secured Limitations" "To the Victor the Spoils" "ageless still am i" and also had some of Treys best lava ever (aka solos) If you dont like those 2 albums, i mean what u expect for this one? so far "enshrined from grace" sounds like a mix of both albums. Im sorry im goin out of my way to defend morbid angel but they are my favorite band and i cant see why one would sell 2 masterpieces like those.

loebs said:
:OMG:All i got to say is FFTTF disapointing? what was wrong wit that album? It defiitnitly made up for the cheesiness david vincents voice on domination. Truly one of their best and also one of Death Metals best. Gateways was a masterpiece as well, yes it was slow but the guitar work was just to die for as in it was either very heavy like Summoning Redemption, or beautfully written crushing songs like "I" "Secured Limitations" "To the Victor the Spoils" "ageless still am i" and also had some of Treys best lava ever (aka solos) If you dont like those 2 albums, i mean what u expect for this one? so far "enshrined from grace" sounds like a mix of both albums. Im sorry im goin out of my way to defend morbid angel but they are my favorite band and i cant see why one would sell 2 masterpieces like those.

I said that wrong. I remember why I sold FFTTF. It's because I got used and I can't stand used cds. Also it was the one disc edition. Absolutely nothing is wrong with FFTTF. Gateways To Annihilation. I love the song Summoning Redemption and everything else just seems to boring. I liked the guitar, drums, and solos, but it just seemed that they had slowed it down alot and I thought that made the riffs boring. I don't know I sold that one to my friend also. Maybe i'll borrow it and tell you what I think of it. It's been awhile since I have heard both albums, but there is nothing wrong with Formulas.

okay ur forgiven now haha well the 2 disc edition u speak of is so rare wit the Love of Lava thingie, it took me a while to find that myself but i eventually did at Metal Meltdown in NJ this year, European edition too so i couldnt of been more happy

Summoning Redemption (SOLO :OMG:) and I are masterpieces , really .

Slow does not mean worse, especially if you are Morbid Angel. I think that gateways had some of their best riffs ever. And those songs were like bulldozers. They were heavy, and just kept going, plowing through everything in their path.

SunlapseVertigo said:
Slow does not mean worse, especially if you are Morbid Angel. I think that gateways had some of their best riffs ever. And those songs were like bulldozers. They were heavy, and just kept going, plowing through everything in their path.

:wave: agree! dude we need to start the morbid angel fan club in NJ haha

People....I have heard this record in full......and can tell you.......

It is the best album MORBID ANGEL have done in a while.......

Steve Tuckers finest moment!

Go out and get it when it come out.......it really is some of the most accomplished songwriting Trey has done yet!!!!!!

Austin