Heretic

Ben_t said:
what is exactly a triggered drums? I've hear this many time but I don't know what it is exactly and how it's done...

Basically dude, it's a way of making the drums sound totally different, almost electronic. It makes them sound alot more clean, but alot less authentic in my opinion. Kind of a cheap sound. There's little clamps that go on the rims of the drum and they sit up against the head. From there, they run into a drum brain which is kind of like a preamp, or a way of controlling the sound of the drums which the clamps pick up and send to the brain. It's pretty fucking much exactly like an electric drumset. The only difference is you're making actual acoustic drums go through the brain.

Personally I have mixed feelings about Morbid Angel these days. Musically and productionwise they are better than they ever were, I just miss that edge that David Vincent seemed to give them. His lyrics were on the limit here and there but always coherent and emotional. I dunno, I seem to miss that nowadays. Plus his voice was more "narrow" than Steve's, and I always liked that. It made the singing more direct.
But I will be buying Heretic if only for the musical experience.

Greetz