Hey Baldy ! Tell us about the big show !!

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Did you guys kick ass ? How were the other bands ? I asked so you don't have to feel like you are imposing on us here. If I played a major festival, I probably would make a post on a testicular cancer forum. >:p~ Not really, but tell us how things went...... You are in a band but have proven yourself to be a "buddy" here in this forum.
How was Balance of Power ? Their vocalist on disc is like the next Geoff Tate. Scary shit !! I am curious if he could sing like he does on disc live.

Bryant

Yea we want to know. Bryant, I saw Biomechanical also with Johnn K and he kicks ass live. Very high vocals and very agressive.

I won't steal Baldys story, but all I can say Bloodstock 04 was awesome. Amazing response from the crowd, we went down extremely well (check out some reviews below. As for Balance of Power Bryant, John K can pull off the vocals live. We played with Biomechanical last week at the Camden Underworld, amazing gig!!!!

www.roomthirteen.com
Stunning

5 Stars

by Guy Powell

When a band play introductory music before a set it is normally used to create an atmosphere for the rest of the set. Panic Cell decide that they’re going to use the opportunity as a total piss-take. Whilst Clint Eastwood style music is played, the skull dangling from the microphone stand gives you the impression that, perhaps, they’re not going to walk out whilst wearing cowboy hats.

Enter a drummer, two guitarists and a bassist – then, as the crowd start to cheer, a front-man possessed walks out on stage. Luke Bell’s presence drills something in to the crowd that causes them to go crazy. As solos ring throughout the hall and vocals penetrate every member of the crowd, Panic Cell start their latest single ‘Save Me’. With the single currently receiving a high-level of TV-play, it is no surprise that pits open up in the crowd who can easily be heard over the PA chanting the lyrics “Save me one more time…”.

To put Panic Cell succinctly – fucking fantastic. It’s hard to imagine anybody topping their performance until Children of Bodom take the stage – and even they’re going to have a challenge rising to the level that Luke and company have set.

Panic Cell then take the main stage by its short and curlys – reminding us that British bands not only have talent, but still drive the true heart and soul of the metal world. Juxtaposing thrashing songs with lighter-in-air intros, you can imagine a few years form now that these guys could headline a main stage at Donington itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.power-metal.co.uk
PANIC CELL

Awesome stuff. I had looked forward to these guys for a while now and the guys put on a superb display fuelled with an intensity that would prove hard to follow. The set contained some great moments too. Scuzz TV hit 'Save Me' was dedicated to Vince for his commitment and went down a storm. Also Claire from Invey (a band I'm not too keen on admittedly) joined the band for one song and also gave a fine display adding to the atmosphere generated by this highly promising and much talked about band. Their CD is now near the top of my wanted list, but I still can't work out why the hell I didn't actually buy it at the stock!!

www.rockerdigest.com
Panic Cell was another band I was rooting for to take full advantage of their main stage appearance and they delivered with gusto.

The bands colossal presence sits perfectly with their massive sound. Luke Bell’s mic stand is decorated with a menacing skull, but it’s soon dispatched as he spends the set working the crowd. Meanwhile on his left Kelly Downes is spinning round on the spot without missing a crunching chord.

It’s apparent a good portion of the crowd have seen the video for Save Me on Scuzz TV, given the greeting it received and it’s to be hoped the more emotional Thousand Words gets similar airplay.

Bell announces that they’re going to “Bring a bit of glamour to the stage” as Claire from Invey joins them to assist on Away From Here. The End fittingly closes one of the sets of the day.

panicbass said:
I won't steal Baldys story, but all I can say Bloodstock 04 was awesome. Amazing response from the crowd, we went down extremely well (check out some reviews below. As for Balance of Power Bryant, John K can pull off the vocals live. We played with Biomechanical last week at the Camden Underworld, amazing gig!!!!

www.roomthirteen.com
Stunning

5 Stars

by Guy Powell

When a band play introductory music before a set it is normally used to create an atmosphere for the rest of the set. Panic Cell decide that they’re going to use the opportunity as a total piss-take. Whilst Clint Eastwood style music is played, the skull dangling from the microphone stand gives you the impression that, perhaps, they’re not going to walk out whilst wearing cowboy hats.

Enter a drummer, two guitarists and a bassist – then, as the crowd start to cheer, a front-man possessed walks out on stage. Luke Bell’s presence drills something in to the crowd that causes them to go crazy. As solos ring throughout the hall and vocals penetrate every member of the crowd, Panic Cell start their latest single ‘Save Me’. With the single currently receiving a high-level of TV-play, it is no surprise that pits open up in the crowd who can easily be heard over the PA chanting the lyrics “Save me one more time…”.

To put Panic Cell succinctly – fucking fantastic. It’s hard to imagine anybody topping their performance until Children of Bodom take the stage – and even they’re going to have a challenge rising to the level that Luke and company have set.

Panic Cell then take the main stage by its short and curlys – reminding us that British bands not only have talent, but still drive the true heart and soul of the metal world. Juxtaposing thrashing songs with lighter-in-air intros, you can imagine a few years form now that these guys could headline a main stage at Donington itself.

www.power-metal.co.uk
PANIC CELL

Awesome stuff. I had looked forward to these guys for a while now and the guys put on a superb display fuelled with an intensity that would prove hard to follow. The set contained some great moments too. Scuzz TV hit 'Save Me' was dedicated to Vince for his commitment and went down a storm. Also Claire from Invey (a band I'm not too keen on admittedly) joined the band for one song and also gave a fine display adding to the atmosphere generated by this highly promising and much talked about band. Their CD is now near the top of my wanted list, but I still can't work out why the hell I didn't actually buy it at the stock!!

www.rockerdigest.com
Panic Cell was another band I was rooting for to take full advantage of their main stage appearance and they delivered with gusto.

The bands colossal presence sits perfectly with their massive sound. Luke Bell’s mic stand is decorated with a menacing skull, but it’s soon dispatched as he spends the set working the crowd. Meanwhile on his left Kelly Downes is spinning round on the spot without missing a crunching chord.

It’s apparent a good portion of the crowd have seen the video for Save Me on Scuzz TV, given the greeting it received and it’s to be hoped the more emotional Thousand Words gets similar airplay.

Bell announces that they’re going to “Bring a bit of glamour to the stage” as Claire from Invey joins them to assist on Away From Here. The End fittingly closes one of the sets of the day.

AWESOME reviews!! Congratulations!

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

That's great guys!!!!! Can I get a copy of the bootleg video? :) I promise not to trade it to any other people. :D

hi guys,

yep,an incredible gig-sorry i've been unavailable for a while-internet problems and gigs have stopped me getting on to report back.glad bobby filled you in on some of it.

in all,what can i say,it was an amazing weekend.just being there was way cool,just as jonnyd has found out a progpower.these festivals are for true metal fans,not people just passing through,like some of the festivals can be.

it was amazing to say that i've been on the same bill as the likes of gamma ray,children of bodom,primal fear,sonata artica and sinergy,and even better is that i can honestly say that we didnt look amateur compared to them!!

clammy knows what its like,he's played with some of his own legends,and it really is a fantastic experience.

the crowd really encouraged us,they were great-the place was packed too,which was thrilling.its been over two weeks since we played thatgig,but i'm still high on it-you know,its something i've wanted to do all my adult life,to step out on stage and have thousands of people roar.damn it felt good!

only problem is,now i cant fit my head through the door!!

thats enough-i can fill page after page with the experience,and bore you poor fuckers to death with it too.

suffice to say,I WANT MORE!!!!!!

greeno-we'll be getting a copy soon,i'll mail you one out

btw,next gig we're doing,after playing in italy this week,is with some of your countrymen-hell,they probably live next door to bryant-a band called alabama thunderpussy.any thought on them guys?

Luke and Bobby and the rest of PC I am Glad to hear the show went well! it really must have been a Hoot to play with those bands! Dont worry about how much you are online We understand! you guys are future Rock stars! and if we here ever expect to see you play in america you guys are going to have to Bust your asses we know so no worries! as I said I'm glad it all went well :) PANIC CELL RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... Oh and btw hehehe wanna send one of those boots too? :D

Thanks for the reviews Bobby !! You guys do have the style of blood and guts metal music that will go over well with a crowd. I can't wait until you do your North American tour and come to Atlanta Georgia.... ha ha ha. I'll be sure to be there. Are you guys writing the new release yet ?
Also thanks for the info on BoP. I have been a fan of them for a few years and saw them with their former vocalist. Good to know John K. (new vocalist) is helping to keep BoP a force in metal. Good band they are.

Bryant

baldyboy said:
btw,next gig we're doing,after playing in italy this week,is with some of your countrymen-hell,they probably live next door to bryant-a band called alabama thunderpussy.any thought on them guys?

Ha ha ha I don't know if they are from Alabama or not, but I have heard a few songs by them and yes, they blend heavy metal with a strong southern rock style. They aren't bad at all and they have a style that probably will come accross great in a live setting, much like you guys have. They are pretty heavy actually and will be a good fit with your band.

bryant

baldyboy said:
thats good news bryant,thank you for the info-sorry about the assumption that they live near you-looking at a map of alabama,i think its about the same size as england!!

jees,you guys have a lotta country over there!!

Yes the US is huge. I have lived here my whole life but have seen very little of my own country. Me traveling to see JonnyD in his state would be like you traveling to visit Russia and me traveling to visit someone in Washington state would be like you traveling to Turkey. This is exactly why metal music has a hard time in the US.

As far as Alabama Thunderpussy.... they are from Virginia, which is considered a "Southern State." The "heart" of the Southern states is Alabama, hence their moniker, and songs like "Sweet Home Alabama" though Lynyrd Skynyrd is from Florida (as is Savatage.) However the "capitol" of The South" is Atlanta which is in Georgia. Am I confusing you yet ?
The "South" is supposedly full of people that are prejudiced (though we have the largest black population by percentage of any region of the US) and The South is full of uneducated people (like is said about Northenr England,) though graduates of the Southern Universities comprise over 65% of NASA professional employees.

Anyway, get your ass over here and play in Atlanta. I'll teach ya how to pronounce ya'll and introduce you to collard greens, pig skins and grits.

Bryant