Hey British fagzzz, I need your help

And your boss sounds like a tosspot (read: wanker), nearly all of this stuff doesnt matter and is just arbitrary bullshit, as long as you get the fundamentals right - nobody should really care.

UK language varies drastically by region anyway, geordies, scousers, scotsmen, londoners, cornish and the welsh all have hugely varying usage of individual slang and terminology as well as accentuation.

just remember in british english theres no such this a cant unless your cockney or from essex in which case you probably are one

I know this would rarely come up in your situation but one thing that's always got my goat about yanky English is the phrases and how sometimes they're complete opposites.

For example: Yanks say "I could care less", when we say "I couldn't care less". They both make sense... but in the situations they're used in, ours seems much more apt. "I could care less" implies nonchalance and like the person is a bit "meh", where-as the UK one seems much more angry, like the situation is so pathetic that they simple couldn't find another subject to care less about :lol:

Another one that yanks use a lot that doesn't seem to make sense is when people say "I love you". Rather than say "I love you too", they tend to say "me too"... but surely that's saying you love yourself as well? :lol: Never got that one personally.

Lastly, the end of words like aluminium and disorientated seem to be shortened to aluminum and disoriented... and i don't know why :(

.... and candy = sweets.

First of all, any kind of insult and namecalling in this thread is for pure fun and whoever takes it seriously and feels offended you can go cry to your mummy.

chachapoya_mummy.jpg

I know this would rarely come up in your situation but one thing that's always got my goat about yanky English is the phrases and how sometimes they're complete opposites.

For example: Yanks say "I could care less", when we say "I couldn't care less". They both make sense... but in the situations they're used in, ours seems much more apt. "I could care less" implies nonchalance and like the person is a bit "meh", where-as the UK one seems much more angry, like the situation is so pathetic that they simple couldn't find another subject to care less about :lol:

Another one that yanks use a lot that doesn't seem to make sense is when people say "I love you". Rather than say "I love you too", they tend to say "me too"... but surely that's saying you love yourself as well? :lol: Never got that one personally.

Lastly, the end of words like aluminium and disorientated seem to be shortened to aluminum and disoriented... and i don't know why :(

.... and candy = sweets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not all of us say those things, just the retarded ones :Spin: