Hey British fagzzz, I need your help

hahahah, good vid.

It happens the same to me with American Spanish speakers, I don't get the half they say. (And when I say American it's just that: the WHOLE america from Argentina to the US.)

On topic: Pants are not trousers in Britain, but female underwear.
Pavement, sidewalk
Lorry, truck
Flat, apartment
Programme, program
Catalogue, catalog
Travelling, traveling
Theatre, theater

Grammar:
Have you got? (UK) Do you have? (US)
The hottest I've ever seen- The hottest I ever saw.

And you will be teaching in a Centre, not in a Center.

Sell this as an advantage so you can teach the differences between the 2 variations and contrast them for the students.

How come, seeing as you are Venezuelan?

I lived in Houston for a few years, but at the key age to learn a language, english was pretty much my first language, my parents made me speak in spanish in the house cause I didn't want to.

Sell this as an advantage so you can teach the differences between the 2 variations and contrast them for the students.

I was already warned not to do exactly that, so as to not "confuse" them, but thanks anyway hahaha

it's all bollicks if you ask me...
we had to decide in school whether we wanna speak BE or AE and had to stick to that.
as if there's only BE and AE...there are so many dialects and regional differences that are as big as the difference between AE and BE that chances are you won't be understood anyways, or the other way round...they're gonna understand you anyway.

and isn't that the key thought? to learn english so that you can converse in English?
who cares if it's AE or BE, it's not that you won't be able to get your point across on the other side of the pond.

I think it's way more important to actually get to speaking to people so you stop being shy and scared...so what, I went to the US and said "that's shite"...they still got what I was trying to tell them.
as I said, they won't get all the words, but as long as you're fluent in AE OR BE you'll be able to get the point across....and that's what it's about.

......And then there's Australia.

I don't like English! It's very bore and ugly! I prefer learn Suomi! It is nice!
I no have to know speak English very well, because I'm brasilian Thank God! I have to know speak my
language!
aesse.gif

don't think I saw it in here yet ...

in USA "getting pissed" or "to get pissed" means you're getting very angry

in UK means to get drunk

but in UK "taking a piss" also means like "making a joke of" if I'm not mistaken but here it just means, well, taking a piss