Hey guys, America sucks.

Neal: rolling a J in bible paper really does taste bad.
But, when me and my friend did it, we were sitting behind the school building,
and it was one of those moments of: "did you bring paper?" "no, I thought you brought paper" and so we ended up using a paper from the bible
but like Tyler said: it was REALLY thin, almost like a rolling paper...
ahhhh, childhood memories.

I smoked a joint once rolled in paper from a maxi pad liner. Seriously, I know this may sound gross but it actually happened. At the time, my group of friends didn't have any papers and this one girl had some "pads" and "Tampons" in her purse, so we made due with what we had. I also have use tampons to soak up spilled beer/alcohol in my old car, The 1989 Buick Century. (I have had 4 other cars sense then). By the way.... America sucks, or at least some people think so.

Zane

never done that. bible paper is hella thick, and ive heard reports it doesnt taste very good. blasphemy is cool and all, but not at the expense of ruining the j!

I've had a lot of Bibles around and most of them tend to have very thin paper.

Oh, right, America... get all the fundies to fuck off and government down to a reasonable size and we'd be a lot better off.

Jeff

ok people, i know bible paper is really thin compared to other BOOK paper, but its way thicker than any rolling paper thats worth a shit.

I guess I haven't spent enough time around neal-approved rolling paper, but do know that I have two laying around that are literally so thin you can see through the pages with enough light... oh well. That's just what I saw people rolling their joints with in high school (gotta love Catholic devotion) and they seemed to have enough luck with it.

Jeff

nowhere have i disputed that bible paper is thin and works well for joints! i'll say it again: BIBLE PAPER IS VERY THIN. my only point from the original post on has been that rolling papers are thinner and much better suited for rolling joints! thicker paper = more paper taste and unneeded smoke. the only reason to smoke with bible paper is the silly fun of being naughty. doing it to save money is retarded, papers are not very expensive. thats like eating out of the dumpster instead of hittin up the $1 menu. hell, even Zig-Zags, the most famous rolling paper are thick and taste bad.

I smoked a joint once rolled in paper from a maxi pad liner. Seriously, I know this may sound gross but it actually happened. At the time, my group of friends didn't have any papers and this one girl had some "pads" and "Tampons" in her purse, so we made due with what we had. I also have use tampons to soak up spilled beer/alcohol in my old car, The 1989 Buick Century. (I have had 4 other cars sense then). By the way.... America sucks, or at least some people think so.

Zane
:zombie: :yuk: thats pretty gnarly....

What we need to think about is keeping our companies american owned, and stop outsourcing all the goddamn time. I hate to see the country in 4 generations...3rd world? maybe.

huh??? your post don't make much sense what i got is the outsourcing part which im getting sick of, everytime i call tech support i have to say "can you repeat that?" because there all southern american or indian.

While I despise anyone speaking ill of a place they've never been, and while there are just as many things wrong in Europe as there are in America, I have to say that the priorities are the most fucked up in the US.

To the Euros, someone who has to join the military so he/she can afford to go to college is absolutely ridiculous to them. They feel that you should have the same opportunity to get an education without having to risk life or limb simply because your parents made little money. That said, it's something of the norm to Americans and we don't really evaluate what's important and what's not. This is the problem. We never, ever ask ourselves, "Why are we doing it this way?" We're always on the defensive to try and defend our decision.

The biggest thing that pisses me off about Euros is thinking that they know what American food and culture (or lack thereof) is. "Oh yeah, you Americans eat hamburgers and hot dogs and shop at Wal-Mart and that's about it." WTF? Have you ever been anywhere in the US? Do you realize that there are different regions in the US where things are completely different, and that your pea-sized country and economy is about the same as a single American city? Just because you visit New York City doesn't mean everyone is the same as the people there. THANK FUCKIN' CHRIST.

However, there is very little of the putting down done by Americans towards Euros. Americans don't necessarily slap their dicks in everyone's face saying how much better they are, but rather just compare and complain, which, while annoying as it may be, is not nearly as much of an insult as the "I'm going to broadbrush your entire culture based on what I've seen on the news". As for Americans, I love it when they say, "Wow, everything's so OLD here in Europe...blech". At that point I usually tell them, "Well, that's called history and culture, something you obviously have no clue about. The Virgin Megastore is around the corner if you wanna bypass the works of art for mass consumerism."

It's not just the US, as well. I'm getting really tired of this stereotype of Americans. An Australian acquaintance visited Venice a while back and was astounded at how old the city was, but not in the good way. It was more like, "Where are the big, shiny buildings?" I tried to push her off the Bridge of Sighs, but she landed in a gondola.

While I despise anyone speaking ill of a place they've never been, and while there are just as many things wrong in Europe as there are in America, I have to say that the priorities are the most fucked up in the US.

To the Euros, someone who has to join the military so he/she can afford to go to college is absolutely ridiculous to them. They feel that you should have the same opportunity to get an education without having to risk life or limb simply because your parents made little money. That said, it's something of the norm to Americans and we don't really evaluate what's important and what's not. This is the problem. We never, ever ask ourselves, "Why are we doing it this way?" We're always on the defensive to try and defend our decision.

The biggest thing that pisses me off about Euros is thinking that they know what American food and culture (or lack thereof) is. "Oh yeah, you Americans eat hamburgers and hot dogs and shop at Wal-Mart and that's about it." WTF? Have you ever been anywhere in the US? Do you realize that there are different regions in the US where things are completely different, and that your pea-sized country and economy is about the same as a single American city? Just because you visit New York City doesn't mean everyone is the same as the people there. THANK FUCKIN' CHRIST.

However, there is very little of the putting down done by Americans towards Euros. Americans don't necessarily slap their dicks in everyone's face saying how much better they are, but rather just compare and complain, which, while annoying as it may be, is not nearly as much of an insult as the "I'm going to broadbrush your entire culture based on what I've seen on the news". As for Americans, I love it when they say, "Wow, everything's so OLD here in Europe...blech". At that point I usually tell them, "Well, that's called history and culture, something you obviously have no clue about. The Virgin Megastore is around the corner if you wanna bypass the works of art for mass consumerism."

It's not just the US, as well. I'm getting really tired of this stereotype of Americans. An Australian acquaintance visited Venice a while back and was astounded at how old the city was, but not in the good way. It was more like, "Where are the big, shiny buildings?" I tried to push her off the Bridge of Sighs, but she landed in a gondola.

"where are the big shiny buildings" haha, what is she a raven?!
lol @ the gondola :lol:

Chris: agreed. I see things the same way you do, because I lived in both places and I love both Europe and the US. Stupid people are everywhere.

You are aware that nobody here would ever refer to themselves as a Euro?

I think you've blurred the lines a little too much. In the same way that the sheer size of the United States makes it almost an amalgamation of different countries, the European continent is so culturally and historically diverse I frankly find it insulting to have everything bundled up and labelled "Euro".

As interesting as your comparison between the two is, and the invaluable experience you have living in both Europe and the U.S, I think you're still way off the mark.