hey guys, i made a Miss May I - Monument Guitar tone POD HD patch

IntoEntropy

New Metal Member
Apr 30, 2011
http://soundcloud.com/into-entropy/miss-may-i-pod-hd-tone

when i isolated the guitar tone from the song "our kings" turns out its quite fizzy. the pod hd fizzes quite differently (that or i may have to tweak it a bit more). but i think i got close enough to match their frequency response without using match eq. so i guess its not about taming fizz but hiding it well enough in the mix to make it work.

settings are on the soundcloud link.

Tommy, mind getting me those settings? I got my POD HD Pro and I wanna try this tone out. I'm diggin it.

From memory, the cali head is gain at 75%. Bass at 10 o clock. Mids at 3 o clock. treble and presence at 100%. That's going through the Treadplate cab, condenser mic, no room.
The tube screamer was 9 o clock, 12 o clock, and the final knob is between 3 o clock and 100%.
Don't forget to put a noise gate in front of all that.
Then post processing is just HP/LP at 50hz and 12k.

I based the tone settings off of memory which I'm pretty sure is correct. But if the OP remembers them or can look them up and they differ from mine, please let this fella know.

NO! The HPF MUST remain at 50hz or it will ruin the mix and stink up your whole day!

But really, It was a quick mix I did to test the guys patch. Everyone is more than welcome to slide that HPF up if they please. It's not a bad idea at all.

Well that just sounds inaccurate. Is that an extreme case of different EQ plugins being different/better than others? I've been meaning to delve into this subject, but have lazily concluded that 100hz is 100hz and a Q1 3db dip at any frequency is the same no matter what the plugin. And if it's not, it should be. Right?

From memory, the cali head is gain at 75%. Bass at 10 o clock. Mids at 3 o clock. treble and presence at 100%. That's going through the Treadplate cab, condenser mic, no room.
The tube screamer was 9 o clock, 12 o clock, and the final knob is between 3 o clock and 100%.
Don't forget to put a noise gate in front of all that.
Then post processing is just HP/LP at 50hz and 12k.

when you say cali head do you mean treadplate? i didnt think the hd had the cali. ive been looking for a miss may i tone for ever. so im really interested in this patch