Hey guys, read plz!

HulkBlood01

Dec 6, 2002
IL
Visit site
Don't worry, i haven't abondoned you guys yet. :p Sorry its taken me so long with "through the never"...i was never really motivated to cover it. Its a decent song - but probably wouldn't sound good covered. If everyone involved would really really like to cover this still.....let me know...but if its no big deal, i'd like to move on to other stuff.
So, with that in mind, I'd like to make this thread a bunch of suggestions and ideas as to what everyone would like to cover, or thinks would make a good one. I can't believe you guys haven't done any sabbath yet!:eek: :D So....lets see..

Black Sabbath - Electric Funeral
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Metallica - Seek & Destroy
Metallica - For whom the bell tolls (update ?)
-- more tallica ? --
Slayer - South Of Heaven
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
-- maybe some other slayer tunes... --
Pantera - Five Minutes Alone
Pantera - CFH (?)
-----------
Iced Earth - Burning Times
Iced Earth - 1776
(maybe some other stuff, if you guys are familiar with IE)
Black Label Society....once again, anyone like em?
AC/DC ?
Testament ?

Everyone make a list please, and if you're interested in one of these add 'em to yours. Lets see what we can work with from there. Later guys!

Hey Hulkblood01.

I haven't really been in much of a metal mood lately. Some U2 would be nice. Something off "All That You Can't Leave Behind" would be fun, or something off "Achtung Baby". Actually they have a lot of songs off other albums that might be fun to do to as well. U2 might be hard to duplicate though because Edge has so many layers of guitars and effects going on at times.

Maybe you could suggest a song or two that you are really motivated to do and see if people want to do those.

ehh...hmm...

I don't really know what i feel like doing. :(
Sorry for being wishy washy..and not much of a help.
Of the stuff listed, nothing stands out as something I 'gotta do'. They are all solid suggestions...and I'd have to learn em all.

I'd take Hyde's suggestion....I know from past experience that if the drummer is motivated to record something..and does it..the rest kinda falls into place - unless its a really bad drum recording...

Hmm, I'm a little miffed you dropped Through The Never, especially after waiting to do it.
I'll have a crack at Cowboys From Hell, I like the tune a lot. 5 Minutes Alone means detuning and I don't really want to do that, but it is a rocking song.

Here's a list of tunes I'd be interested in, but I will do almost anything:

Metallica - Shortest Straw, Enter Sandman, Master of Puppets, Leper Messiah, Sanitarium
Megadeth - Tornado of Souls, Polaris, Lucretia, Set the World Afire
Dream Theater - The Mirror (a pretty simple one, relatively speaking)
Slayer - Dead Skin Mask, or either of the two you suggested, HulkBlood01.

That's probably it for me with metal. I'm happy to do anything, but I'm more of a "follower" than a "leader" when it comes to choosing metal tunes, since I don't listen to much of it nowadays.

Lee

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Hmm, I'm a little miffed you dropped Through The Never, especially after waiting to do it.
I'll have a crack at Cowboys From Hell, I like the tune a lot. 5 Minutes Alone means detuning and I don't really want to do that, but it is a rocking song.

Here's a list of tunes I'd be interested in, but I will do almost anything:

Metallica - Shortest Straw, Enter Sandman, Master of Puppets, Leper Messiah, Sanitarium
Megadeth - Tornado of Souls, Polaris, Lucretia, Set the World Afire
Dream Theater - The Mirror (a pretty simple one, relatively speaking)
Slayer - Dead Skin Mask, or either of the two you suggested, HulkBlood01.

That's probably it for me with metal. I'm happy to do anything, but I'm more of a "follower" than a "leader" when it comes to choosing metal tunes, since I don't listen to much of it nowadays.

Lee

:( Sorry Lee. At first I was really into it; but that seemed to fade after playing along to it. I had just got here and I was anxious to start recording...a little too anxious i guess. sorry about that.

CFH would make a good cover, i really dig that one too. Any of those three slayer tunes, too. Even if everyone here doesn't know 'em, they're not too hard. Hey, if i can play most of them on guitar, they can't be that hard! ;) Sandman, messiah would be cool too. I think Puppets should tackled in march for sure. :cool: Some 'deth may not be bad also. Within a few days I'd like to have a few songs narrowed down; so recording can start relatively soon..

..and in recording news, i tell ya my situation keeps getting better and better! :D I think im going to ditch a tom or two, but close-mic the rest, and the snare. That would leave me with 2 bass mics, one snare, 2 overheads(only for cymbals) and 3-4 tom mics. And all of my recordings would be stereo, thanks to my giant new mixer! :cool: After that, I'll have true stereo drums...aka, tom fills that pan the speakers. :D Yeah I'm excited about this. but hey, its the little things in life, right??

-hulk

Paranoid and Enter Sandman. There are the ones mentioned that I could tackle (Rhythm guitar, maybe solo for Paranoid...).

Also, I really want to cover Breaking The Law by Judas Priest.

I do semi-know how to play Slayer's South of Heaven...I learned it way back in the day in about 10 minutes.. My main problem with most of the songs you picked is that I would somehow need to obtain a copy of the original in order to learn the song. I have about half..but on ...vinyl..and cassette...never bothered to get them on CD. My vinyl collection does not see much use nowadays...what ..with not having a record player and all.. :cry:

Originally posted by rabies
I do semi-know how to play Slayer's South of Heaven...I learned it way back in the day in about 10 minutes.. My main problem with most of the songs you picked is that I would somehow need to obtain a copy of the original in order to learn the song. I have about half..but on ...vinyl..and cassette...never bothered to get them on CD. My vinyl collection does not see much use nowadays...what ..with not having a record player and all.. :cry:

Thats not a problem. Just ask me what songs you'd need, and I can upload them to my site. I have all the ones I listed; if they're not on my computer already I can convert them to mp3.

Oh yeah, if anyone wants to hear what Iced Earth sounds like, i have an mp3 on my site, right here:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/mccaff01/IcedEarth-Burnt_Offerings.mp3

and since eddy seems to be pushing really hard for breaking the law, I guess that too. :p Theres a few of ya I haven't heard from yet! ;)

Don't shoot me for this but....

Sum41 - Fat Lip! I love this track! :D

What else? Erm...

AC/DC - Highway To Hell
Bruce Dickinson - Tattooed Millionaire
Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills
Alice Cooper - School's Out
Metallica - Am I Evil
Free - Wishing Well

:D

Originally posted by Virus
Don't shoot me for this but....

Sum41 - Fat Lip! I love this track! :D

What else? Erm...

AC/DC - Highway To Hell
Bruce Dickinson - Tattooed Millionaire
Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills
Alice Cooper - School's Out
Metallica - Am I Evil
Free - Wishing Well

:D

i should shoot you for that!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
haha just kidding. perhaps. a maybe even. i forget exactly how it goes, but im sure its not hard, hehe.

i like the ac/dc, maiden, cooper and tallica on the list. :cool:

Originally posted by HulkBlood01
i should shoot you for that!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
haha just kidding. perhaps. a maybe even. i forget exactly how it goes, but im sure its not hard, hehe.

i like the ac/dc, maiden, cooper and tallica on the list. :cool:

;) It's not exactly the most challenging song to play no, I just like it for some reason! :D