Hey -- how long as this forum been here?

A NYC chick indeed... :cool:

Hey guys, we have a NYC chick who know who Orphaned Land are! drinks are on the house tonight...

TexunNYC, you can crash over any time you like if you're ever in town, Tel Aviv's beutifull have'nt they told you that?

:)

I'll take the beer drinking and punching random keys on the piano.
Nogie, you have no room in the band if you'll use an instrument you can realy play :)

Next year I'm gonna by me some keyboard by the way, I wanna learn how to creat Industrial and stuff. (actually what made me wanna play the keyboard are Sleepless and Vultures)

Yeah, Bad Religion did sort of fall out of favour amongst most folks who have been there from the start, over these last few releases but the new one is a true return to form and I think anyone who ever considered them a good band would enjoy this one, fur shure!!

As for classical music -- to listen, I'm really into more modern compositions/composers. The whole serial/12 tone movement really speaks to my soul; but insofar as playing is concerned, I am baroque all the way!! In fact, I just made arrangements for my brand new flute to be delivered here in the office on Monday, so I'll be jamming more often than ever, now!

As for Tel Aviv, obviously I would *love* to visit sometime. I've traveled abroad only in Europe and found that, at this point in time, outside of going to a Euro-festival or something, I've exhausted my interest levels in anything European. I am, however, VERY interested in traveling to India, Thailand, Nepal, Egypt and Israel so perhaps at some point in the near future, our paths might cross in your country!!

[and I'll bring you guys some of my tried-and-true Mexican beers and tequilla as a welcoming present!]

Hey -- what are all these different tours you're referring to?

I'm an American, so remember that geographic illiteracy is programmed into my DNA . . . it takes effort for us to overcome these things!!

So, I'm curious: since most of you guys live in Israel, I'm going to assume that most of you here have seen Orphaned Land perform live . . .

What are they LIKE?!??!?!

eh... i guess their OK :D

BUT ACTUALLY THEY HAD A SHOW ABOUT A YEAR AGO, AFTER 6 YEARS OF BEING NOT SO ACTIVE
SO IT WAS A HUGE TURN UP
ABOUT 1500+
the show was nice, a bit too ethnic if u ask me
but i guess its all about personal preferences...

(another reason to love you Tex`:D )
If you`ll ever visit israel, Tel aviv is good for clubbing,the real face of the land is in the south, the negev and Judean (yehuda) desert, the green galillee and Golan hights (wild landscape, to die for...) ans ofcourse jerusalem... multicultural and colourful, great museums! about the classical music, i love baroque! i can listen to it all day long, it sound so Gothic to me... if you like the blending of classics in metal, i`ve one thing to offer you, the Austrian scene: dornenreich, Elend, ANGIZIA andmost of them are strongly avantgard, so it depends if you can deal with a sarcastic or cabaret-like compositions.

as fot the traveling, Thailand is not a destinaiton for me. the islands are packed with israeli bums who consume most of the available weed, and the music is far too Trance oriented for me, tho id love to party there on one of thier full moon festivals. everyone get so lushed and stoned! (i dont do that drugs shit :puke:), but india is far too good for me. i love thier culture (exept to when they wipe thier bugholes without poilet paper. if you dont know what i`m talking about, DONT ASK!), i think i`ll go there to seek for relics of jewish communities, it`s on the eastern part of the sub-continent

oh, the tours the guys are talking about are for showing off our humble (and eaten alive by monsters) Land :D
Anyway, back to your question... Orphaned Land on stage. Since i`m not a native english speaker, and i`m too blurry (from last night`s white wine bottle that got dry) to look up for synonymous words describing amazement, speechlessness, Awesome, coolness, Orgasmic hypnosis experiance...

the T.A. hangar was well filled with 1500 fans, declaiming every single world of the songs. the gig was really well planned and smooth (tho i`d say the volume was rather weak). Yossi got a grab on a greek buzuki, i dont know what was he playing there but is was so beautiful, a short solo tune, it sounded to rooted here, might be so unfamiliar to the usual western ear... perhaps it was another brief glipse to the forthcoming album, Mabool (the flood)
Ah, and The Beloveds Cry have ended pretty heavily and distorted, just as i hoped it to end!

The acoustic show was perfection... other then the classic songs who were so well adjusted to the acoustic gear. they also covered some song you`de never imagine they might, such as the Mercy cover of Paradise lost, Depech moode`s "enjoy the silence" and, the last song thought they`l cover (and it also sounded so uncoverable till that day...) Radiohead`s Street spirit!!! at that point i forgot i`m my Whisky thirst (i couldnt drink anyway, i was the driver... :bah: ) i`ve also noticed some Turkish guys (or maybe they were from some near arab country? i didnt cought up with thier language so well) it was such a splendid feeling to see these guys sing along to songs so intimate to me and the rest of us orphaneds.
i`m an up to date north american language... it was so fly!

I wwas only on the acoustic show and it was realy amazing, the top for me was when we sang a long the song Mercy. Kobi, Matti, I beg you, please have someone to put it on the web or as a bonus track on Mabool.

Avi, the guy was swedish of Denish or something, I talked to him and he aid "YAH!" all of the time, a nice guy, I think he was 35 or something like that.

And if you want to see multicultural stuff (I'm so fluent...) you should see Haifa (I think that it's the official twin city of LA or SF). It's the only place in Israel with so many religions that get along realy well (Jewish, Christian, Bahai, Muslim and some russian guys). Oh, and my father works in the city hall so he can give free tickets to all of the boring tourist sites :D But most of them are free anyway... :rolleyes:

The best for you to do if you wanna see Israel is to see Jeruslem, Haifa, Western Galilee and to finish off with Tel Aviv, watch a metal show or something. The whole tour can be smoething like 3-5 days, it's a small country :)

I have been to India, Napal and also Thailand it was a good "headcleaner" for me after the unstable years I had here...

Yesterday me and Kobi and also Moshe who writes here and another friend were at a Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) concert in TLV and he was just telling the audience how it is hard to convince his band members to come over here and how the situation looks worse in CNN than it is really is in real life. Well, we Israelis do understand why people are holding back of comming here these days, but as soon as things clear up we do expect friends from all countries to come visit us!

Folklore -- firstly, thanks so very much for all your words and insight!! It is very much appreciated . . . I just have to wonder if, here on American soil, I'll ever be fortunate enough to see Orphaned Land . . .

Regarding the travel -- I fancy myself something of a spiritual warrior (likely, this is a large reason why I love Orphaned Land's music so much?) and so the countries I have chosen as ones I'd want to visit are reflective of specific geographical points of interest relative to my spirituality. If I want to hang out in clubs, dance, or see metal shows, I'll do that in Europe (I *adore* Spain, particularly, and travel to Germany and Austria pretty frequently); these journies are for far different reasons.

And I am familiar with Dornenreich!! although I am sad to say I haven't heard their latest . . . put that on my never-ending list of things I really need to get a hole of . . .

Did Steve Wilson tour independent of Porcupine Tree? Or with them? I'm confused by the wording of your post . . . either way, I'm certain it probably is very difficult to get bands to travel to your part of the world . . .