Hey ixrayu...

Glenn and I couldn't do it without *you* and the rest of our ProgPower crew family. Y'all work asses off, too! Thanks, brother. :)

~Jen

Thank *you* Jen! It is one hell of a team, but we wouldn't have a place to do this without you guys. You are more than welcome! It truly is my pleasure to be a part of this festival that was already a special part of my life.

Jeremy,

It's simple. You like the roster (I appreciate that), but you don't think the Evergrey set is that special. I do not comprehend that logic in the slightest (absolutely no point in discussing that further), but that's ok as well.

What I gather is that if you had your way, every band would be new every year and the boundaries would continue to be pushed. You are entitled to your opinion. It's also easy to think the strategy you would personally book would work when you don't have to put your money on the line every year. Hell, if I had an open checkbook, I would do exactly that.

I don't.

It's always going to be about pushing/pulling and balance between new blood and the reliable veteran fans.

I honestly can understand how the Evergrey thing could be "special" I just hoped for a bigger cherry on top like maybe Saxon:) In saying that I'm not taking anything away from Evergrey.
Ideally yes it would be great to see new bands that we could not normally see any other time anywhere else. But I do understand why you have to do it the way you do it. And if money is ever an issue for getting different bands I'm more than willing to toss into a pot just can't see jumping on to sponsor a Kamalot. Get some talks going with Solitude Aeturnus, I might be willing to be the sole sponsor. I have a checkbook:lol:

There is a huge difference between your Symphony X's and your Kamelot's and your Sonata Arctica's doing a regular headlining set and Evergrey doing worldwide exclusive sets.

Only if you are not burned out on Evergrey. :erk:

Considering that there hasn't been much about the band to get excited about in recent years (Noting that I haven't heard the new album.), it is kinda hard for me to get up for this, special show or not.

I honestly can understand how the Evergrey thing could be "special" I just hoped for a bigger cherry on top like maybe Saxon:)

Don't even start with me. :lol: That's just rubbing it in. THE one band I HAVE to see someday. Regardless of my deep desire to see Saxon though, I must say I am stoked to see Evergrey as I have never had the fortune to see them live previously.

Get some talks going with Solitude Aeturnus, I might be willing to be the sole sponsor. I have a checkbook:lol:

I wouldn't complain seeing them either though.

Don't even start with me. :lol: That's just rubbing it in. THE one band I HAVE to see someday. Regardless of my deep desire to see Saxon though, I must say I am stoked to see Evergrey as I have never had the fortune to see them live previously.

I wouldn't complain seeing them either though.

Saxon would be sweet. And if we can only convience others they would want to see Solitude Aeturnus. Glad you said something before people started saying how no one would want to see them.:lol:

Solitude Aeturnus, Saxon, Candlemass, or..Black Country Communion???

Glen Hughes solo, Whitesnake with Glen Hughes, Blaze Bailey (Yes I said it! I like Wolfsbane, Maiden Blaze, and of course Silicon Messiah!!!!), Ripper Owens (yes another the JP Purist hate! I think both of these singers kept Maiden and Priest going in the late 90s when Rob and Bruce had no faith or interest.), the new Tony Martin Project with Andy Laroque, and what Urban Breed's projects?

Or About Brainstorm again?

Only if you are not burned out on Evergrey. :erk:

Considering that there hasn't been much about the band to get excited about in recent years (Noting that I haven't heard the new album.), it is kinda hard for me to get up for this, special show or not.

and that's why they're doing In Search of Truth ;)

Wow! You described my sentiments exactly! Probably because we were both in Chicago (as part of that SyX mailing list too) and been PP buds ever since - even started on the crew the same year! It is because of PP1 that even started to like PoS - just getting into them a few weeks before that show. I had never heard of Evergrey and now they are one of my favorites. I hated Freak Kitchen and thought they were stupid, but you had lobbied for so long and were so excited to see them, I could not consider myself a friend and miss you seeing a dream coming true. And DAMN, I am so glad I did!! I left their set and immediately went to Ken's table and purchased 6 FK CDs!!! Now I am a huge fan!!

I was also unfamiliar with a large number of groups for this year, but I have checked them out instead of bitching and think it is a VERY STRONG lineup. So much talent that is fresh and hungry! And there even a few bands that I don't know that I will ever be a fan of, but I think their set will CRUSH!! For instance, I have tried and tried but simply can not get into their studio work. However, I think they will put on one of the most interesting sets and I wouldn't miss it!

I, unfortunately miss PP2 for personal reasons, but it was unavoidable at the time, but I still paid for my Gold Badge that year. I also missed PP6 due to my father's passing less than 36 hours before I was to board the plane. :-( That year I lost two GB's and two plane tickets besides my father. However I have made every other year and have been a proud part of it for the past 3 and can't even imagine not being there or a part of it. The family aspect of it should never be overlooked, but I am also a live music junky and know and trust that Glenn will always bring bands that I already like or will probably like after I give them a chance. So yes, it is about the bands too. I just know that I will be very happy with the lineup without even knowing the bands beforehand.

And like you JayDub, it is also my top vacation of the year! Even with working it and putting in 18 hour days. It is a HUGE departure from my corporate life and I LOVE it. I am so thankful that Glenn has been crazy enough to keep this thing going and Jen has been such a huge supporter and a VERY welcome addition to the PP family. I thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for taking the risk, working so hard, and making it happen year after year and allowing me to be a part of it! :kickass: :headbang: :worship:

This is a very nice addendum to what I was trying to say as well. There are so many facets to the festival, whomever said it was a pilgrammage pretty much hit the nail on the head. Give me 2 or 3 bands in the lineup that I really want to see, and the rest is an easy sell, as a fan, at least for me (& I'm sure it was you, too). The band diversity should keep drawing in newcomers who hopefully will see just how much fun this long weekend can be, both musically, and socially. It's not worth bitching over. There's been "gold" in every lineup since the first one...

Thank *you* Jen! It is one hell of a team, but we wouldn't have a place to do this without you guys. You are more than welcome! It truly is my pleasure to be a part of this festival that was already a special part of my life.

This ^^^ times a million.....It's an honor to be part of this, and you can count on my blood, sweat, and jogging pants until I drop dead...:Smokedev:

I think I've always made a point of saying that even if I'm not interested in any of the bands playing on a given year, that's just me being a snob and no reflection on Glenn. If it weren't for the fact that there are so many places I want to go and different groups of people I want to see, I'd probably be at PP *regardless* of bands, but my travel budget is finite.

Have seen Saxon mentioned on here a good bit, I have to say they are one of the few remains white whales Glenn has yet to get to the fest

and that's why they're doing In Search of Truth ;)

glen might have the EG set lists from previous fests but i remember one year them doing nearly the entire album. but again, i am old and memory could be failing me.

it's somewhat special i think. now Vanden Plas doing "The God Thing" in its entirely as well? total boner time.

glen make the VP thing happen!

This is a very nice addendum to what I was trying to say as well. There are so many facets to the festival, whomever said it was a pilgrammage pretty much hit the nail on the head. Give me 2 or 3 bands in the lineup that I really want to see, and the rest is an easy sell, as a fan, at least for me (& I'm sure it was you, too). The band diversity should keep drawing in newcomers who hopefully will see just how much fun this long weekend can be, both musically, and socially. It's not worth bitching over. There's been "gold" in every lineup since the first one...
Thanks! And I totally agree with you said here too. And yes, always some gold. And if people opened their minds and ears more, I'm sure they would enjoy much more of the show too.

This ^^^ times a million.....It's an honor to be part of this, and you can count on my blood, sweat, and jogging pants until I drop dead...:Smokedev:
OK, we can ALL do without the jogging pants! :lol:

i agree. they would bring the house down and we can demand they play Power & The Glory front to back, plus that is only 8 songs of the set! hahha.

As much as I love Saxon, I would be totally bummed if they did Power & The Glory or any of their albums front to back. Not that I wouldn't go, but if they play, they DEFINITELY need to do an eclectic set.

Personally, I rather them do all of Christo. To me, Christo was a masterpiece. That would be Ultimate show for me.:headbang:

Personally, I don't care. I've only seen them once and I just want to see them again. That's why VP is far more exciting for me than Evergrey at this point. Not to mention that just about everything VP does is good.