Hey Jax, a question about band confirmations...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Can you possibly give us some insight as to where/why a gap exists between Symphony X being booked somewhere and the band "confirming" it? Without speaking about a specific venue or date, it's strange that respected clubs and/or festivals would confirm SX's participation before it's "confirmed". I would assume, these promoters are in contact with someone who represents the band and have some sort of contract in place... no? Can you offer any insight into the process? Thanks.

Zod

i'd like to know as well, considering a fair amount of "unconfirmed" dates were locked/nixed here from what seemed to be legit press releases or venue booking info.

Normally there's not such a big gap, but right now the gap is simply because I'm waiting on a call from MJR, who's busy as hell trying to get this cd finished. As the cd is SO late, I'm more inclined to let him get it done than pester him on the phone all the time.

That said, as I've mentioned previously, it's my belief that the BB King's show is legit, as they aren't in the habit of making up shows like other venues whose names I won't mention. And yes, some 'respected' venues have made up show dates out of their ass when the band wasn't even touring..so just because a venue says the band is coming doesn't mean that they are.

It's just kinda strange, that's all. It would only take MJR 10 minutes to make an accont on UM and 1 minute to say "This is a load of crap/Yes we are in fact playing this venue". By no means am I telling him how to do his job, this is just the logical thing to do in my opinion, and since I'm a member of UM I'm going to post my opinion on it.

I'm of a similar opinion considering this is what many bands who have forums on UM do (case in point Katatonia, Swanö, Opeth, Theocracy, Novembers Doom, Zero Hour, Sun Caged, Orphaned Land, Threshold etc.)

ultimately yeah it's up to him. I agree with MrFast that it is quick and easy, also agree with Jax that getting the album done and out there is more important.

I doubt it. It would be awesome though. There would have to be a set time so no one would miss it either.

Normally there's not such a big gap, but right now the gap is simply because I'm waiting on a call from MJR, who's busy as hell trying to get this cd finished. As the cd is SO late, I'm more inclined to let him get it done than pester him on the phone all the time.

That said, as I've mentioned previously, it's my belief that the BB King's show is legit, as they aren't in the habit of making up shows like other venues whose names I won't mention. And yes, some 'respected' venues have made up show dates out of their ass when the band wasn't even touring..so just because a venue says the band is coming doesn't mean that they are.
So is that a yes, or no on the BB King's show? Because I don't wanna be leaning toward a No, when it's really a Yes which would result in me missing Symphony X play a full set.

I like the fact that Symphony X has to only rumor that they're playing a show and people go nuts. I pray that it's confirmed soon...I haven't seen them since prog power 2 and can't wait.

Clay~~Suspyre

it's my belief that the BB King's show is legit <-looks more like a yes than a no to me.. ;)
I'm taking your word for it Jax, and getting 4 tickets. If it does end up being a no though, I'm gonna cry.

I'm taking your word for it Jax, and getting 4 tickets. If it does end up being a no though, I'm gonna cry.

I'm getting tickets too, dude. It's also on this site - http://eddietrunk.com/index.php - the guy who's presenting the show, Eddie Trunk from VH1 Classic, XM, and 104.3 here in NY. This site is how I found out about this show. It's way down the page to the right...

Reactions: Beelzebub

A is Apple, J is for ..... Doh!

It's just more armchair quarterbacking, what really pisses me off are the fucks who criticize the "webmasters" for not having their shit together on this. It's the same whether it be here, or at the mailing list. I've said it before, nobody in the Sy-X camp gains anything by witholding information, it'd be nice if there were unified announcements, but that's just not happening.

The forum would go nuts with discussion...

I just hope it all remains civil, but it will be nice to have that monkey off our backs, until the next album....

it's my belief that the BB King's show is legit <-looks more like a yes than a no to me.. ;)

Reading is funformentals......... :saint:

J-Dubya