Hey Jesse...

carlos

New Metal Member
Oct 27, 2001
Congratulations on the new CD. I recieved it several days ago, I think it was the day before the ice storm. I lost power for about 5 days so it was pretty dark and cold around here...perfect mood music eh! Anyhow, I hope you guys fared a little better than Charlotte. Lot of people still in the dark down here. No Reply is quite an accomplishment! I'm proud of you guys! Interesting version of Unending Waves. It's different with the drums turned up, definitely! Thanks for including it. Well, I gotta go study my Swedish. I still talar inte Svenska but it's coming along.....

Glad you enjoy it Carlos. I actually had no power from Wednesday night until late last night. Most of my neighborhood still doesn't, so it's pitch black around here. Freezing cold and no electricity sounds cool for a few hours, but after a day or two, it just sucks. Hope you keep the album in your rotation..

Yeah, I'm glad that I didn't lose power here. My brother was without power for a couple of hours in Charlotte.

Carlos, that reminds me that I need to really start studying Swedish sometime soon as I'd like to study there next year. I am really looking forward to learning it and especially visiting there. Any tips?

Opethian, I've just been using the Berlitz Swedish book and tape. It teaches you basic "tourist" Swedish.
I guess I should mention though that my girlfriend happens to be from Varberg on the west coast of Sweden, so that's one hell of an advantage.
It goes like this, I'll say something in Swedish then she'll laugh at me and tell me how to say it correctly, ha!
By the way, whereabouts in Sweden are you heading? I can't wait to go myself...

I'll have to look into getting that tape and book. I might ask for those for Christmas or something. Yeah, I'm sure that's nice to be able to have her correct your mistakes. I plan to maybe join some Swedish chat rooms after I've learned a bit and try to practice some that way. I had also planned to maybe read some Swedish news sites just to get more familiar with it. I would like to get some type of interactive cd-rom so that I can practice speaking as well.

My university offers a few study abroad programs, and I think I could either study in Karlstad or Stockholm. I need to look at the programs more carefully and see which is the cheapest, but I'd like to stay in Stockholm if possible. I want to go to the cd store where Mikael Åkerfeldt works in Stockholm. :)

I was somewhat thinking about studying in Oslo, Norway. I'd really like to go there, but I think it will be easier to learn Swedish as there are more materials available. I also picture Sweden as being somewhat easier to adapt to for an American studying there. If I become somewhat fluent in Swedish, I think Norwegian would follow fairly easily.