hey shitty things about today

what a shitty way of awarding people stuff.

they don't even pretend to care about employees here. on my 2nd year anniversary though i did get a card, 6 months late, that said happy first year anniversary.

I can schmooze with anyone but I resent it when politics enter the picture; for instance, the woman who is married to the Deputy Commander here on base has only worked here for six months and has already won the HQ Employee of the quarter.

kleo: yesterday, I went out to the parking lot and some moron in an SUV was parked outside of his own spot, over a foot's width into mine, and I couldn't even get in my drivers side door. I had to push my car half out of its space to get in. Fuckers.

i would join except my sister drives the equivalent of a tank and is a dipshit about that but i feel bad for her because she's misguided.

They sold too many parking passes. Width is second fiddle to quantity. Parking a huge SUV just does not work. Fortunately, most manufacturers seem to have decided that mirrors folding fairly flat against the side of the vehicle = good idea. Of course, I am still debating taking up yoga since it's a matter of time before I hurt something by contorting my body enough to slide in...

that's shitty, too, lizard. BC has the same sort of thing..."employee recognition awards". i don't socialize with anyone except naomi so i don't get nominated and i don't really give a damn.

i don't mind SUVs in principle. i just wish they had to meet the emissions/safety standards of cars, rather than light trucks. they're very unsafe--i am not convinced children should be allowed to ride in SUVs.

Sam, actually Hampshire had an award like that too. Did you do work-study? Anyway there was a campus-wide vote on an outstanding staff (not faculty) who would then get an award. I voted for the Colombian mailroom guy.

* since I had a doctor's appointment this morning, I drove to work again; there were NO SPOTS OPEN in the entire garage so I did what I saw seven other cars doing: parked in a non-spot (at the end of a row). There was really nothing else I could do.

If I have another ticket when I get out of work today, I really am going to resort to some kind of violence. I swear.

What's probably more likely is that:

1) your car will have been towed or

2) someone in an SUV driving around a corner will have hit your car (and fled)

Maybe go out right now and see if there are any spots that have opened up?