hey urban, mind sharing some of your influences (and maybe some other members)

Urban breed said:
Impressive! You've either got some memory or have the very good habit to make a search before guessing. :) Anyway, I must say that you've all got a fair idea as to what I've been listening to over the years. Not all of which I listen to that much today but I bet they are they reason why I listen to and create music the way I do today. The bands that got me hooked on metal to begin with was Judas Priest, Saxon and Iron Maiden. Not necessarily in that order. Between the lot of you you produced quite an impressive list with just a few bands I never really got into for some reason. Rather than giving you the full list I'll do you a favor and just list the bands not on MY list, ok? :)

Blind Guardian -Don't like the vocals.
Led Zeppelin -Love their better moments
which amounts to about 1 song on each album ...at best.
Overkill -Never heard
Fates Warning -Never heard! That's what I always say.
It's kind of a running joke in the band because we all know
I heard them, I just can't remember what they sound like
from one time to the other :)
Anthrax (older) -I listened to one album once and decided the production
was awful and I never did like the singer much.
Funny band though.
Alcatrazz -Graham Bonnet? No, never!
Thin Lizzy -Not really, but I see why people like them
Riot -Could have been if I had run a cross an album at the time.
Montrose -Still know precious little about them.
Scorpions -well, err... not realy, but they do have their good moments.

...and Imagicafan I'm impressed! How'd you know Jethro Tull is a long time favorite? I might add that I enjoy almost all eras too.

Dude..... how can you not like Blind Guardians vocals? Hansi is a great singer.. surely one of the best in "his own way".. and btw while we are at it.... BG's lyrics are just amazing!!!!! never seen a band with better lyrics then BG :)

NoCc said:
Dude..... how can you not like Blind Guardians vocals? Hansi is a great singer.. surely one of the best in "his own way".. and btw while we are at it.... BG's lyrics are just amazing!!!!! never seen a band with better lyrics then BG :)

He didn't say that Hansi sucked at singing, he just didn't like his vox. Two, it is your opinion that they have good lyrics. Some people like lyrics about something other than elves and unicorns

Just don´t tell him he sounds like Jan Johansen (Ignition). I´m sorry Urban. :erk: I didn´t meen it like that. It was the music, not you that I got the feeling from. I liked it!!!!