Hey

10thmtnarty

New Metal Member
Mar 9, 2019
Wisconsin
More joined this thread for help with some lyrics. I'll post a link in my sig once i post it I think. Not really a artist or song writer, shit just kinda came to me. Not sure where to go next, already copyrighted, still polishing it.

As a kid, loved linkin park. Then their third album came out. And shit just went fuckin downhill from there. For rap, ft minor wasn't half bad though. Was big into 3 days grace and evanescence, too.

Joined the army, and classic country and rock was real big in my unit, so got into that shit. Fuckin love acdc. Metallica, maiden, ozzy, sabbath. Standard shit. Got introduced to FFDP, lovin them. Lil older disturbed too, usually don't go heavier than that.

When I'm chill, I usually prefer country. Been goin through some shit, and need some metal though. Just started listenin to Hellyeah. Not usually a deathmetal guy, but Gojira's pretty fuckin good.

Are you southern by chance?

EDIT: No, Wisconsin. Damn. ANYWAY.
You might enjoy some down and dirty southern metal and sludge metal. Stuff like Black Label Society, Crowbar, Eyehategod, Mastodon, etc.

Long as it's mostly instrumental (autotune and artificial sounds kept to a bare minimum), the rare times I do listen to linkin park's original shit it's mostly for nostalgia's sake. Way too much computerized bullshit.

You might dig sludge metal then. Musically its very similar (minus the rap influence) very grunge meets aggro metal. As long as you dont mind mostly harsh vocals.

Reactions: 10thmtnarty
Are you southern by chance?

EDIT: No, Wisconsin. Damn. ANYWAY.
You might enjoy some down and dirty southern metal and sludge metal. Stuff like Black Label Society, Crowbar, Eyehategod, Mastodon, etc.

Crowbar's definitely my style. Eyehategod was a little too chaotic for my taste, but I just put on a random vid, dunno if thet's their standard shit. (medicine noose)

I admit I only skimmed the thread but I noticed southern metal pop up in one post, VolumeFeeder are southern/groove metal. They had a new album a few weeks back it's on bandcamp.

Reactions: Sophii
Also, for the OP.

If you like Pantera, Phil Anselmo is super close friends with Crowbar and even produced their Self Titled record.

More joined this thread for help with some lyrics. I'll post a link in my sig once i post it I think. Not really a artist or song writer, shit just kinda came to me. Not sure where to go next, already copyrighted, still polishing it.

As a kid, loved linkin park. Then their third album came out. And shit just went fuckin downhill from there. For rap, ft minor wasn't half bad though. Was big into 3 days grace and evanescence, too.

Joined the army, and classic country and rock was real big in my unit, so got into that shit. Fuckin love acdc. Metallica, maiden, ozzy, sabbath. Standard shit. Got introduced to FFDP, lovin them. Lil older disturbed too, usually don't go heavier than that.

When I'm chill, I usually prefer country. Been goin through some shit, and need some metal though. Just started listenin to Hellyeah. Not usually a deathmetal guy, but Gojira's pretty fuckin good.

Black Label Society (Zakk Wylde)
Pride & Glory (Zakk Wylde)
Zakk Wylde's first Book of Shadows album

That stuff might be up your alley

Check out the newest Jungle Rot and Obituary albums as well. You aren't a death metal guy but I have a feeling you'll really like those