Hi Guys & Gals

Bucko

Apr 15, 2001
Canberra
Visit site
Hi Guys & Gals , how are you all. See they moved the server , but got here still. Not much happening in the Nations Capital. Went to JB Hi-Fi and picked up a couple of CD'S.

Deep Purple: Fireball -25th Anversary Edition
Dream Theater: A Change of Seasons (like the covers Purples Perfect Strangers & The Zepplin Medley)
Iced EARTH: Something Wicked this way Comes. Each time I Listen to something "new " from them they don't fail the impress.
David Lee Roth : The Best . What can I say Damm Fine.

Last night while listening to Iced Earth & Dream Theater I seemed to remember when I was a little younger the bands I was in to were not mainstream or played on the Radio . I know that Metal is susposed to be more assesable these days but I have never seen an Iced Earth or Dream Theater clip on TV or on the Radio. its like nothing has changed in about 20 years I still listen to Sabbath, Purple, Zepplin etc on a regular basis - You don't have to answerr this but is that sad or what???
Maybe I just being Melancholy,

Cheers Bucko

A Change of Seasons was the first Dream Theater CD I bought way back in 1996. Awesome stuff, and I love the covers, especially Funeral For a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding and Perfect Strangers. Awesome stuff!

Iced EARTH: Something Wicked this way Comes. Each time I Listen to something "new " from them they don't fail the impress.

Last night while listening to Iced Earth & Dream Theater I seemed to remember when I was a little younger the bands I was in to were not mainstream or played on the Radio . I know that Metal is susposed to be more assesable these days but I have never seen an Iced Earth or Dream Theater clip on TV or on the Radio. its like nothing has changed in about 20 years I still listen to Sabbath, Purple, Zepplin etc on a regular basis - You don't have to answerr this but is that sad or what???
Maybe I just being Melancholy,

Cheers Bucko [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is sad. Iced Earth does have the Melancholy video, though I don't know if it was ever played much. If you want to see that video, go to www.icednet.org and you can download it from there (I'm sure there are other places, that's where I got it from.)

Which Iced Earth CD's are you missing? Not a single one is a disappointment with Matt Barlow as the vocalist. You really should check them all out. They also have the Dark Genesis boxed set out that includes their first 3 CD's remastered (and remixed?), the Enter the Realm demo CD that got them signed, and their Tribute to the Gods. That CD alone is worth the cost of the set.

Someone says "Iced Earth" and I just explode! :lol: :D :rolleyes: :tickled:

I only have 3 at this stage being "Horror Show " , Something wicked...." and the" Melancholy EP" I have been meaning to get the Box Set but hav'nt seen it any were in Canberra stores.

Iced Earth!!!! :headbang:

Nice choice there Bucko :) Id also recommend The Dark Saga, its one of my favourites, though its not as complex as their other stuff, but its still a really great cd, you cant go wrong! (Well, except for the sefl titled first album, the singer on that sounds like he is choking on a cat......) :)

Radio always seems to be about 10 years behind the underground, especially here in Australia, like now they are using Nirvana as a selling point for Triple M. (NEWSFLASH! The guys is DEAD, get over it....)
With the internet nowadays though, underground bands will start selling a LOT more albums, because half the battle is getting your music heard!

Originally posted by spawn
Iced Earth!!!! :headbang:

Nice choice there Bucko :) Id also recommend The Dark Saga, its one of my favourites, though its not as complex as their other stuff, but its still a really great cd, you cant go wrong!

**You took the words out of my mouth, Spawn. The Dark Saga is awesome, IMHO. Then, I'd get the 2-CD version (NOT the 1-CD version) of Days of Purgatory.

(Well, except for the sefl titled first album, the singer on that sounds like he is choking on a cat......) :)

**Yes! He sucks, big time ! That's why you need to get Days of Purgatory, which is almost a remake of the first two albums and includes a couple of songs from Burnt Offerings. Don't buy Burnt Offerings, Night of the Stormrider and their self-titled first CD, as the Dark Genesis box set has these CD's remastered and remixed.

Okay, I'm done. Promise.:headbang: :hotjump: :headbang: :hotjump:

Thanks all , rang Metal Mayhem and ordered the Box Set . Gee i thought It might have been here today , oh well . Also got Preists "Metal Meltdown " can't wait.