Hi, I'm new here

Mr Blackwell

Greenface
Dec 29, 2003
Vienna, Austria, Europe
Hi everybody,

I've been an Armored Saint fan since Delirious Nomad, and got all their albums (well, apart from the debut EP, but that's part of their Nod To The Old School CD anyway).
I really love all their albums and can't really decide which one's my favorite, I just know which album I like the least, and that's Raising Fear (a great GREAT album by the way, just not as strong as the others IMHO).
I also got the Trip Thru Red Times VHS tape as well as the bonus video disc which was part of the first edition of the Revelation album.
And the coolest thing for me was that they included everything on the first edition Nod To The Old School double CD. When I first read what was on the European and US versions of this album's bonus CD, I thought "What the fuck? Do I have to buy both versions to get all the tracks?!"
But when I actually played my European edition Nod To The Old School (I live in Vienna, Austria, Europe), I realized that the two supposedly missing tracks (You Can Run But You Can't Hide and Tongue In Cheek) are on the CD, although not listed anywhere on the cover and booklet. And then I read that the same goes for the US version. Well done, boys! :eek:)

Mr Blackwell-are you that gay dead guy that used to make the 10 worst dressed lists?

the version of NOD i have didnt have the ep! i do have the original vinyl though.

VERY WELCOME TO YA BOSS! big fans are the best ones to have posting here and even better that youve got the European versions. the more SAINT knowledge we got here the better!

MRBEAST said:
Mr Blackwell-are you that gay dead guy that used to make the 10 worst dressed lists?

the version of NOD i have didnt have the ep! i do have the original vinyl though.

VERY WELCOME TO YA BOSS! big fans are the best ones to have posting here and even better that youve got the European versions. the more SAINT knowledge we got here the better!

Haha, no, I am neither gay nor dead! Maybe I belong on a 10 worst dressed list but I certainly didn't make one :tickled:
My nickname comes from the KISS song of the same name, and I also use it in several KISS newsgroups.

As far as I know, the EP tracks are on both the US and the Euro versions of Nod To The Old School. Check your CD booklet again. The four songs from the EP sessions Lesson Well Learned, False Alarm, On The Way and Stricken By Fate should be there :headbang:
By the way, do you own the limited first edition double CD of NOD? Does it include more tracks than are listed on the cover?

And thanks for the warm welcome, Mr Beast :)

neither gay or dead-bummer, when theyre dead ya allways know they can keep it stiff forever:loco: the songs about the same dead gay guy.

i thought you meant there was a seperate cd of the ep. i didnt know the ep was ever released as a cd until i saw it on the merchandise section of the website. i was only half concious when i wrote that post so i thought ya meant ya got it on it's own cd. the songs are there though. that version of stricken by fate was recorded then, but the ep only had the 3,-false alarm, lesson well learned and on the way-it's got a lyric sheet too.

yes i own the original NOD, no they arent listed. that was an intentional tidbit of ARMORED SAINT humor! YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CANT HIDE-the song runs so even though it aint listed it cant hide. TONGUE IN CHEEK-the explanation to why
YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CANT HIDE isnt listed.

yer even more welcome here now that i see yer actually doing some active posting-and you will still be very welcome here after i write my reply to one of yer other posts and tell you yer a dingbat!:)

sixxswine said:
You mean THE MR.BLACKWELL was gay? And now he's dead?!
Anyway, welcome to THE BEST metal message board in this universe
Ulitimatemetal.com!!!!!!!!!!!!
i dont know if the ugly old fart ever managed to get anyone drunk enough to get their BONER but he was very public about it-and yes he is dead. if youve ever heard the songs background or ya at least know the songs background, the guy was dead inside for years before his body quit working...

There was 2 Videos on NOD March of the Saint and ummmmm something else lol I cant Fukin remember what but what I do remember is Watching John Sing March ...WOW man makes me wonder if his fukin throat Bleeds after he sings that,
Anyways Welcome to UM Mr.Blackwell :p

JonnyD said:
There was 2 Videos on NOD March of the Saint and ummmmm something else lol I cant Fukin remember what but what I do remember is Watching John Sing March ...WOW man makes me wonder if his fukin throat Bleeds after he sings that,
Anyways Welcome to UM Mr.Blackwell :p

Thanks a lot for the welcome.
My European Nod To The Old School double CD has the following:
Disc 1:
Real Swagger
Unstable
March Of The Saint
Day Of The Eagle
Never Satisfied
Tainted Past
After Me, The Flood
Creepy Feelings
Lesson Well Learned
False Alarm
On The Way
Stricken By Fate
Reign Of Fire
Betty '79
People
Get Lost
Nothing Between The Ears
Pirates
Disc 2:
Medieval Nightmares
You Can Run But You Can't Hide (not listed)
Tongue In (And?) Cheek (not listed)
Video 1 Long Before I Die (Whiskey 2000)
Video 2 March Of The Saint (Whiskey 2000)
Video 3 Reign Of Fire (Video-Clip)
Video 4 Last Train Home (Video-Clip)

Anybody got the US version? What does the booklet say about the origin of Tongue In Cheek (or is it Tongue And Cheek?)? 1988? 1989? 4 track demo? 24 track demo? Who played what on the demo?
And who played on You Can Run? I know that it's from the Decline of the Western Civilization soundtrack, but I have no other information.

And another question: How did the 24 track demo of Reign Of Fire come about? The S.o.S. remaster booklet and interview doesn't even mention 24 track demos. Was Reign Of Fire the only one? If not, what happened to the others?

MRBEAST said:
neither gay or dead-bummer, when theyre dead ya allways know they can keep it stiff forever:loco: the songs about the same dead gay guy.

i thought you meant there was a seperate cd of the ep. i didnt know the ep was ever released as a cd until i saw it on the merchandise section of the website. i was only half concious when i wrote that post so i thought ya meant ya got it on it's own cd. the songs are there though. that version of stricken by fate was recorded then, but the ep only had the 3,-false alarm, lesson well learned and on the way-it's got a lyric sheet too.

yes i own the original NOD, no they arent listed. that was an intentional tidbit of ARMORED SAINT humor! YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CANT HIDE-the song runs so even though it aint listed it cant hide. TONGUE IN CHEEK-the explanation to why
YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CANT HIDE isnt listed.

yer even more welcome here now that i see yer actually doing some active posting-and you will still be very welcome here after i write my reply to one of yer other posts and tell you yer a dingbat!:)

Sorry for my shaky English, but what is a dingbat? :confused:

So your NOD CD booklet doesn't list You Can Run and Tongue In Cheek too?
Does this mean you own the European version?
Because I thought the US version has other "hidden" tracks - at least the tracklisting at www.amazon.com indicates this.

And another thing:
The Saint guys talk about 24 demoed songs in the interviews on the S.o.S. remaster and the Trip Thru Red Times DVD. Joey also said that they are now all released.
But if I count the 12 S.o.S. 4 track demos and the 6 demos from the NOD CD plus Creepy Feelings and the mentioned Den Of Thieves, I only get 20. Was You Can Run also a demo from the S.o.S. sessions? And which tracks are missing? :confused:

it means that i keep my cd's in the changer and dont know where my case or the booklet for nod is so i asked my bud if they were on his booklet and either he has the eurpean version or more likely he didnt even look when i asked or just knew all the songs wernt there-whatever! i know i have the american 2 cd version but i cant tell ya about the song list at the moment. off hand i dont know which demo yer missing, but you can run but you cant hide i wouldnt think would be it since it was on the decline 2 soundtrack a couple years earlier. when i get some time i'll see what i can find out-but im late!

MRBEAST said:
i dont know if the ugly old fart ever managed to get anyone drunk enough to get their BONER but he was very public about it-and yes he is dead. if youve ever heard the songs background or ya at least know the songs background, the guy was dead inside for years before his body quit working...
You are one funny mutha!:worship: