Hi, my name is Glenn and I enjoy the new Five Finger Death Punch...

Just had a chance to listen to the new Avenged Sevenfold. This disc can easily be described as a completely stripped down homage to Metallica's Black album, but obviously no where near as good. It feels like the type of album that might be fun to crank in your car or at the gym, but an album that will have very little staying power.

I really, really dislike this stereotype that everybody who likes 5FDP are dumb caveman jocks. Even though I'm not a fan, I've known enough people with "surprising" musical tastes that it really shouldn't be surprising anymore to find a fan of a band who doesn't fit the universal stereotype. And especially for metalheads to do that to other metalheads, as if they've forgotten that the whole rest of the world thinks that all metalheads are fire breathing Satanists who do drugs all day and eat babies all night. If that characterization offends you, you have no standing from which to jeer at fans of Five Finger Death Punch for being Tapout-shirt-wearing tough guys.

Fucking A, Hammer! I'm gonna have to go with Glenn on this one. Everything in moderation, except variety! Hell, I have Lana Lane and Pig Destroyer in the racks. Maybe 5FDP should do a zombie concept, "The wrong side of the mall, the righteous side of a magnum"?

I'm really not familiar with Five Finger Death Punch. Is that song reflective of the whole new album, or of their past records? Because I think it's pretty good. Yes, nu metal style, but melodic enough for me to enjoy.

I really like their first two records. They got a little formulaic with American Capitalist and the new ones. The Way of the Fist is a killer album.

Last edited by a moderator: