Hi My name's Josh and I think the metal scene can go get fucked

Basically, I will have my old favourites that I will listen to. eg Anathema, Amorphis. But I don't think I'll search out new bands like I did before today. It's a waste of time. Metal is 95% shit, and I don't wanna sift though that much crap, I just wanna listen to good music.

KoichCPA said:
What's your point?

Would you like to me worship you because you have such an awesome and diverse cd collection?

I hate it break it to you, you don't. It's all metal. You always bust out this point. "I have a very diverse taste in music"

Shut up.

You don't have a very diverse taste in music, you have the same fucking taste in music that everyone else here has.
My point, you dumbass, is that of course I am going to be listening to different stuff in 6 months because I listen to all kinds of metal. Im not trying to show how "diversified" I am, I listen to metal because I like it, I couldnt give a fuck about pop, darkwave, emo or any other genre. I listen to all metal because thats what I want to do.

I have the same taste in music as everyone here? So who here is a massive fan of Dimmu Borgir, Slayer, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Dissection, Morbid Angel, Creed, Skid Row, Immortal, Judas Priest and Iced Earth? Nobody here would count all those bands as their favourite bands. So I dont have the same taste as everyone here, some of us like SOME of the same bands, thats all, nobody here has the same overall taste as me. Not that it matters, but facts are facts.

You would have a big cd collection too if you didnt drink and went and got a fucking job. Im not apologising because I buy a lot of cds, go cry your river someplace else, im not rubbing it in or boasting, I buy metal cds and seeing as the only people I know who are even remotely interested in metal are on this board, I post it here for something to talk about. Big deal.

spawn said:
You would have a big cd collection too if you didnt drink and went and got a fucking job.

I have 2 jobs. I have completely supported myself, living out of home, paying off a car and studying fulltime for 2 and half years.

I get no government assistance. I moved out of home when I was 17, you moved out when you were 27. I think that says a lot about our different levels of maturity, don't you?

Blitzkrieg said:
most anticipated albums of the past few years have been let downs. The only ones that exceeded my own expectations were Dance Of Death
And remember that you're one of the very few who actually like that album..

I haven't listened to much metal over the last six months or so. I was in my Styx/REO Speedwagon phase for quite a while there. Lately I've gone back to listening to a bit of metal, but if someone took away all my metal CDs I probably would stop missing them after a while.

I'm lucky in that I have a diverse taste in music. I went and had a look at the metal CDs today, then as I was heading back to work I got really annoyed with myself because I forgot to check out the Burt Bacharach CDs cos I wanted to buy one.

I'm also thinking of getting a Portishead album. Any suggestions?