Hi My name's Josh and I think the metal scene can go get fucked

KoichCPA

Banned
Oct 15, 2001
Canberra,Australia
Seriously, I really don't like it.

For the past week and a half, my playlist has consisted of Portishead, Tori Amos, Muse and Keane. I have absolutely no urge whatsoever to listen to metal. I'm not sure where this is going. Get fucked stupid metal scene.

Oh yeah, 90% of the metal scene are dolts.

Discuss how awesome Muse are.

Don't laugh spawn, 6 months after I finish listening to one music style, you generally end up there.

In the next 6 months, expect to hear spawn proclaim Nasum the greatest band ever, and say he doesn't like black metal anymore.

I have been listening to HEAPS of non-metal stuff as of late, but still listening to a fair bit of metal too.

What does ones interest in "the scene" have to do with how much you enjoy the music? Of course there is a connection, but I don't think one should drive the other.

KoichCPA said:
Don't laugh spawn, 6 months after I finish listening to one music style, you generally end up there.

In the next 6 months, expect to hear spawn proclaim Nasum the greatest band ever, and say he doesn't like black metal anymore.
The difference being I dont finish listening to one musical style. I still listen to the other stuff I have, I dont stop just because im listening to black or death metal or whatever.

Anyone want to take bets that in 6 months im not listening to Muse, Tori "Feminazi" Amos and Keane? Unbackable odds im afraid folks.

It was unbackable odds that you would start listening to Destroyer 666 too.

Until I find something new in metal that is extremely good and different, I doubt I will pick up anything new at all.

My most anticipated album for this year (The new bloodbath album) is utter crap,

Ive had Cold Steel... for nearly an entire year and only recently gave it the time when I put it on when I was bored one day, and found I liked it. I buy lots of cds in all the different metal genres, I dont have time to listen to everything all at once, so of course in 6 months im going to be listening to different stuff. I dont buy just exclusively black metal, death metal or power metal.

What's your point?

Would you like to me worship you because you have such an awesome and diverse cd collection?

I hate it break it to you, you don't. It's all metal. You always bust out this point. "I have a very diverse taste in music"

Shut up.

You don't have a very diverse taste in music, you have the same fucking taste in music that everyone else here has.

My most anticipated albums of the past 2-3 years have been utter crap. :(

Well then don't complain about not finding anything you like, if you don't want to look.

Sydo is right, most anticipated albums of the past few years have been let downs. The only ones that exceeded my own expectations were Dance Of Death, and Train Of Thought. Blaze have come out with solid stuff, but not awesome. Apart from that, I think it has all been a little disappointing.

I am looking forward to new Dio, I have a good feeling about that one for some reason. New Bruce should be good. He never went downhill, just hasn't released an album in too long. And new Dungeon should be great as well.