Hi My name's Josh and I think the metal scene can go get fucked

Ah shit, need to avoid channel ten for a while, methinks. As if I needed any further excuse...

Goreripper said:
Dear God that's something else I'm sick of. She wasn't even a major character, and they've been crowing about this for a week now.

Actually she was for ages. She had the main story line in the whole Jack/Lori breakup. Then the Jack/Nina breakup.Then again with the whole singing career where she went overseas and left the show.

:)

She is going to leave with Jack somehow after a month, you heard it here first.

I wish they'd bring Joe back, I haven't seen the old Scullmeister for yonks.

And how good is it going to be when Darcy tells Karl he's not the father of Izzy's baby. I hope she cops a hiding. Darcy rules, he's an evil bastard.

He was fired! He isnt coming back, now he is suing them :)

Darcy is evil, but Izzy is even worse. They should marry.

I like Neighbours. It's so much better than Home & Away acting-wise, even if the storylines aren't anything special. If they could put combine Neighbours' acting with Home & Aways plots then we'd have a top show.

Strewth Spiff! H&A's plots are straight off the Days of Our Lives cutting room floor! Someone goes mental, someone gets killed, someone gets trapped down a mineshaft (!!), someone rapes someone and then their victim's sister falls in love with them, someone goes mental, someone gets killed, there's a shoot out, a fire, a car accident, someone with chronic amnesia wandering about going "Who am I?" (maybe, I'm not sure if that's happened yet), all in the space of a month. The only things they haven't done yet is maroon someone on a deserted island and have someone possessed by the devil. Neighbours' plots might not be particularly rivetting at times, but at least they're believable (to an extent). :lol:

Have to agree about the acting factor though. I've long thought that the acting on Neighbours is superior to that on most other soaps, not just Home and Away. It wasn't always that way though. Sometimes I catch an old episode in the afternoon and I could just about out-act the cast from those days.

Goreripper said:
Strewth Spiff! H&A's plots are straight off the Days of Our Lives cutting room floor! Someone goes mental, someone gets killed, someone gets trapped down a mineshaft (!!), someone rapes someone and then their victim's sister falls in love with them, someone goes mental, someone gets killed, there's a shoot out, a fire, a car accident, someone with chronic amnesia wandering about going "Who am I?" (maybe, I'm not sure if that's happened yet), all in the space of a month. The only things they haven't done yet is maroon someone on a deserted island and have someone possessed by the devil. Neighbours' plots might not be particularly rivetting at times, but at least they're believable (to an extent). :lol:
Maroon. Teehee.

But Gorey, I don't care if they're believable or not - they make me want to watch it. The whole Angie thing was a top storyline... never really cared much for the psycho chick one recently, although I must say the return episode with the revelation of who died was excellently done. Everyone you think might have been killed is at the service thing, and then BANG! You realise one of them is a ghost. Top stuff! :headbang:

Was Angie that psycho chick? I actually started getting into Home and Away for the briefest period when I was down in Canberra coz there was nothing better to do. So was one of them a ghost?? Who??

Home and Away = Days of Our Lives. Honestly, why would you live in Summer Bay? It's like that place where Blue Heelers is set. They have a worse crime rate than the Cross and the Valley put together with downtown Baghdad. Why do they set these shows in sleepy little country villages and then make up stories for them that only happen in bit city suburbs? Why not just invent a suburb fringing the city? Summer Bay High is a bigger, better equipped school than the one I went to for shit's sake and the police station in Blue Heelers has more cops than Bankstown. There should be more soapies about sleepy little villages where the only thing that ever happens is that some kids stole a bike and threw it off a bridge onto railway tracks once.

Ohh ok. Well, I still like Neighbours more anyway. :)

Spiff did you read that excerpt from some new book in the Sunday Mail last week about the charge of the Light Brigade? Quite interesting, but a bit sad.

I wish I had time to waste watching soaps. Next time any of you watch a soap, think of all the more productive things you could be doing! Like Southy said, it's rotting your brains!