Hi, New Here(Off-Topic)

PriestMetalGods

Supersonic Hydromatic
Jan 18, 2004
Roselle, NJ
Hello everyone, i'm new here so I figured i'd post an intro post, not sure if there's an off-topic section, sorry if there is one already.

My name is Bill i'm from the Union County area of NJ, soon to be moved permanently to San Antonio, TX where my wife's family is. Would be great to meet some metalheads from that area that may wanna go to shows or to record stores and the such.

I love prog and power metal genres among others. Some of my faves are: Blind Guardian, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Symphony X, Gothic Knights, Zandelle, Magus Beast, Firewind, Dream Evil, Grave Digger, Mystic Prophecy, Dragonforce, Rhapsody, EdGuy, Star One and Ayreon projects, Dream Theater, Queensryche, Brainstorm, and many more.

I would love to check out the Prog Power USA fest one of these days. Really wanted to head there for the third installment, but couldn't due to the hecticness of that time. Seeing how its easy to take a Greyhound from NJ to Atlanta and from TX to Atlanta. it might be a possibility for PPV.

:headbang: Bill :headbang:

Welcome Bill!!!! As a person that comes to the board very often you will find all different kinds of genres represented here. The best thing about this forum is the openness, the honesty, and the broadening of views you can experience here. No topic is taboo or ignored. If you have a question, a comment, or just what to vent, this is the place to do so (Warning: your venting also may be responded to quite visciously!!! Ha Ha!!). Hope to see you at PP 5!!! Stay Metal!!!!

Check out airfares from Texas to Atlanta, too. Depending on where you are in Texas, if AirTran flies there, you could score some decent prices. (I got $238 round-trip, Atl to LA.) I'd just hate to see someone have to take the bus. :)

PriestMetalGods said:
Hello everyone, i'm new here so I figured i'd post an intro post, not sure if there's an off-topic section, sorry if there is one already.

My name is Bill i'm from the Union County area of NJ, soon to be moved permanently to San Antonio, TX where my wife's family is. Would be great to meet some metalheads from that area that may wanna go to shows or to record stores and the such.

I love prog and power metal genres among others. Some of my faves are: Blind Guardian, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Symphony X, Gothic Knights, Zandelle, Magus Beast, Firewind, Dream Evil, Grave Digger, Mystic Prophecy, Dragonforce, Rhapsody, EdGuy, Star One and Ayreon projects, Dream Theater, Queensryche, Brainstorm, and many more.

I would love to check out the Prog Power USA fest one of these days. Really wanted to head there for the third installment, but couldn't due to the hecticness of that time. Seeing how its easy to take a Greyhound from NJ to Atlanta and from TX to Atlanta. it might be a possibility for PPV.

:headbang: Bill :headbang:
Hey Bill!!!

Welcome!! Guess who??? LOL

It's Deb from right under the bridge from you (from AOL)!!! LOL Long time no see man!!! As you know my other half's name is Bill too...LOL!!! How's things going? Glad to see you're getting out of Jersey, don't blame ya one bit!!! Anyhow, we're hoping to hit ProgPower this year too, all depends on who's playing. Guess we'll find out on March 1st anyway...LOL, I wish he'd tell us already who's confirmed!!!!
Anyhow...good luck with everything & check out our website when you have a chance: www.metalfury.com you can email us there & sign our guestbook!!!
See ya soon!
Deb :Spin: :headbang: :cool:

Well hello there, Deb. :) Its great to see a familar face. I sent you guys an email already telling ya whats been goin on. I checked out the site and I like it a lot, great job ya did there. I'll probably be seeing you guys at a couple of shows coming up. I think i'm gonna catch Slaughter, then Yngwie/Lynch Mob and hopefully the IE/Bodom tour when that rolls around. Like I said in the email i'm gonna check out the Thats So Metal party over at The Cup as well. Again great seeing ya again.

Bill :headbang:

Heavenly Call said:
Hello Bill! I agree with the Q, the cool thing about this forum is the open-ness. I've given my share of tounge lashings and taken them as well...but it's all in good fun! Hope to see you at PPV!

I think thats a great thing, the honor among genres. I'm a multi sub-genre type of person when it comes to metal. Theres so much greatness why just settle for one? Traditional, power, prog, thrash, black, death, glam, its all great, IMO. Everything from Twisted Sister and Bon Jovi to bands like Immortal and Arch Enemy I love. Of course all the in between as well...hehe.

Bill

Pellaz said:
Check out airfares from Texas to Atlanta, too. Depending on where you are in Texas, if AirTran flies there, you could score some decent prices. (I got $238 round-trip, Atl to LA.) I'd just hate to see someone have to take the bus. :)

I totally hear you on that one, Pellaz. The Greyhound bus was pleasant and murder all at the same time. The scenery was great all along the coast and into Alabama and Lousiana goin into Texas. The bus seats themselves are soooo cramped though and definitely not made for a 6 '4 person like myself. Seeing that from TX to Atlanta is a one-day trip it would be much better than the 2-day trip I had from NY to TX, but I think i'll venture into flying now..hehe. I'll check out those airfares for sure though. Thanks a lot for the quote ya gave me on yours, its somewhat of a ballpark figure i'd wager.

Bill

PriestMetalGods said:
I totally hear you on that one, Pellaz. The Greyhound bus was pleasant and murder all at the same time. The scenery was great all along the coast and into Alabama and Lousiana goin into Texas. The bus seats themselves are soooo cramped though and definitely not made for a 6 '4 person like myself. Seeing that from TX to Atlanta is a one-day trip it would be much better than the 2-day trip I had from NY to TX, but I think i'll venture into flying now..hehe. I'll check out those airfares for sure though. Thanks a lot for the quote ya gave me on yours, its somewhat of a ballpark figure i'd wager.

Bill

Yours should be cheaper, from TX to Atl. $150-160 roundtrip, I'm guessing. Also be sure to try www.hotwire.com if your departure times are somewhat flexible.

If you were still in Jersey I'd have suggested Amtrak as well, since the seats are immeasurably more comfortable than Greyhound's, but Texas-to-Atlanta on Amtrak is....kinda problematical. (Requires a change of train in New Orleans and probably an overnight stay.)

Hey everyone, haven't posted much because of the big move from Jersey to Texas. Just wanted to let everyone know I am totally moved into my new apartment in San Antonio. Ended up taking Southwest Airlines from Long Island, NY to San Antonio. Was my first experience flying and overall it was a good one. Had a very turbulent flight from LI to Baltimore. For some reason the guy was flying into major air pockets, but from Baltimore to San Antonio it was perfect. I've already discovered the metal scene here somewhat. I went into one of the CD Exchange chains in the city thats by my apartmen. I was just browsing around for some albums, and I notice this shrine by the front checkout of traditional, power, and prog metal albums...it was so great. I talked to the guy about it, he was the store owner and we talked metal for like a half hour. Next time I come in he's playing Pink Cream 69's Thunderdome right when I entered, just awesome. While I come from NJ, and nothing will ever top Vintage Vinyl in Fords, this place will satisfy my needs for a while I bet. Just wanted to update you guys, take it easy for now.

Hey Priest...if you haven't found it already...check out CD Trader on Perrin Beitel Road(outside Loop 410, NE side of town)...the only metal store you'll need...

Rock on!