slightly off-topic bought a new toy !!

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Picked me up a Digitech GNX4 yesterday beforework. When I got home from work, the power chord was missing, so I couldn't play it. Argghh !!! On top of all of that I lost my cable last night which means not only was I sitting at home with a $600 toy I can'y play with, but I had no internet access (cable modem) and no tv to watch. Aarrgghhh !!!!! The music store I bought this from dug me one up though, so I am about to head back over there.

Bryant

Bryant said:
..not only was I sitting at home with a $600 toy I can'y play with, but I had no internet access (cable modem) and no tv to watch. Aarrgghhh !!!!!...
Truly tragic, my man.. I don't want to even think about straits so dire.. (don't get me started on my "love" for Comcast.)

Glad at least the toy will be playable by the time you get home again..

Ermm.. a Digitech GNX4 .... Sounds like the new Startrek vessel....
keyboard, recording device , toaster ???

Cool man!

I got a "new" toy today, myself! A near mint condition 1973 Marshall Super Bass head! It's my birthday present to myself! Hehehe...

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Clammy said:
Cool man!

I got a "new" toy today, myself! A near mint condition 1973 Marshall Super Bass head! It's my birthday present to myself! Hehehe...

Cheers!

So, we got a birthday here ???

:kickass: CHEERS :kickass:

Hawk said:
I guess I am in the same place as carnut. I have no idea what you bought! :err:
The Digitech GNX4 is considered a guitar workstation. It is a standard multi-effect pedalboard like many others available, with amp and cabinet simulationg, but also features bass effects and cab simulators, a midi-programmable drum machine with various kits to choose from, vocal effects and phantom power for higher-end condensor mics, recording software to turn the PC (or MAC) into a home studio, software that includes professional reverb by Lexicon. it also offers an acoustic emulation that allows your electric guitar to sound like an acoustic and a bass emulation which allows your electric to sound like a bass. In other words, this is a bvand in a box.

Bryant

Bryant said:
The Digitech GNX4 is considered a guitar workstation. It is a standard multi-effect pedalboard like many others available, with amp and cabinet simulationg, but also features bass effects and cab simulators, a midi-programmable drum machine with various kits to choose from, vocal effects and phantom power for higher-end condensor mics, recording software to turn the PC (or MAC) into a home studio, software that includes professional reverb by Lexicon. it also offers an acoustic emulation that allows your electric guitar to sound like an acoustic and a bass emulation which allows your electric to sound like a bass. In other words, this is a bvand in a box.

Bryant
So now you are going to RIP!!!! And post the mp3 on line? :p

Seriously though, I would love to hear you play.

Is it turning out to be as kick as equipment as you thought it would be?

Hawk said:
So now you are going to RIP!!!! And post the mp3 on line? :p

Seriously though, I would love to hear you play.

Is it turning out to be as kick as equipment as you thought it would be?

Oldschool will be the first place I link my music too. Unfortuanately, though
I think of myself as a reasonably intelligent person, there is a learning curve pretty big on this machine. It may be a while.

Bryant

Yup! July 16 is my birthday! I was actually born the day of the launch of the 1st Apollo mission to the moon - July 16, 1969. So this is my 35th birthday, and the 35th anniversary of the launching of the rocket to the moon!!

My co-workers got me a $100.00 gift certificate for my favourite tattoo shop, so in the next couple of weeks, it's MORE INK FOR THE CLAM!! YEAH! :kickass:

Also, on Monday my brand new old stock 2001 Gibson Blackbird (Nikki Sixx signature model Thunderbird bass) was delivered... this has been a GREAT week for me!! YEAH!! :kickass:

And a week from tomorrow is the "Gates Of Hell" gig in Toronto! YEAH! :kickass:

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Cheers!

Bryant said:
Oldschool will be the first place I link my music too. Unfortuanately, though
I think of myself as a reasonably intelligent person, there is a learning curve pretty big on this machine. It may be a while.

Bryant
Take your time buddy. I did not had the intention to hurry you :) I hope you are enjoying your new toy :headbang:

Good to hear you enjoyed your birthday Clammy. You wre not in the UM birthday list. So I was not sure yesterday was the day for you...

Bryant said:

Bryant

AWwwwwwwwwwwwww *Drooooooooooooooools* Thats Awsome Bryant! :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAM OL MAN! :kickass: :headbang:

Bryant said:

Bryant

All of that and no powercord :lol: ,sorry man I had to.
Happy birthday Clammy, i also have tatoos, what a kickass painfull gift!.This beer is to you :kickass:

Clammy said:
Cool man!

Cheers!
Cool !! You goingto get some more cabinets and camo them as well ? Happy birthday ! :kickass:

Bryant