Hiding Again

Skaldir

formerly known as Unicorn
Nov 3, 2001
Germany
www.kalthallen.de
I'm listening to Hiding Again right now, and I'm almost crying because it's so good. And I still haven't reached the stranded part...
just wanted to say this

Silent Song said:
Hiding Again is AMAZING. I especially love the part where the woman sings in response.

Yes, that's what Dan said about this part...

"And bringing in the girl was Anders' idea as well and she was just ace you know? The song is really getting up there to like a level 7, level 8 in a 10 scale, but when she's kicking in it's like 11! It's just like (tries to simulate an explosion)"

paradoxile said:
I love that part
we should all thank mr blackheim...

ehh, why should we thank Blakkie for that?

But you're right, we should thank Blackheim generally! :headbang:

edit: ah, I know.
But with Anders he meant Anders Måreby

Unicorn said:
ehh, why should we thank Blakkie for that?

But you're right, we should thank Blackheim generally! :headbang:

edit: ah, I know.
But with Anders he meant Anders Måreby

OH! ok then.
and yes we should thank blackheim generally,for kicking fucking ass.

p.s
it always makes me laugh when people call him blakkie probably because it sounds like a dog's name.

I'm sure he won't mind...
He'll just sneak up on you one night when you're sleeping, all painted in corpse paint and scare the living shit out of you.:D

Timmeth said:
That song is incredible.. my favorite part is the female vox.. who is that?

She's called Åsa Jonsson, and now is a famous gospel singer or something in Sweden. So, it was a good choice. :)
She sings on Emotional Wasteland, there was a different female singer on Ever Since called Frida Bergström.

Unicorn said:
Yes, that's what Dan said about this part...

"And bringing in the girl was Anders' idea as well and she was just ace you know? The song is really getting up there to like a level 7, level 8 in a 10 scale, but when she's kicking in it's like 11! It's just like (tries to simulate an explosion)"

I think Anders wrote that part as well. When i recorded the bass for that track there was nothing but drums. Anders said "just play ( almost ) chromatic" and i said "It sounds like the vers on Queens "Prophet´s song" ( Anders heroes )
Little did i know that the part would kick my ass almost into the water of Vättern ( a Swedish lake )I first heard the finished track on the ferry going from Visingsö (a big island in Vättern )i never forget that. One of the women on the records sounded best when she had a cold :D

Gurgelguff said:
I think Anders wrote that part as well. When i recorded the bass for that track there was nothing but drums. Anders said "just play ( almost ) chromatic" and i said "It sounds like the vers on Queens "Prophet´s song" ( Anders heroes )
Little did i know that the part would kick my ass almost into the water of Vättern ( a Swedish lake )I first heard the finished track on the ferry going from Visingsö (a big island in Vättern )i never forget that. One of the women on the records sounded best when she had a cold :D

Thanks for infos, Dag!
Hey, I know the Vättern lake. It's very big. :Spin: