Hiding .reapeaks in Reaper : ?

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
Quick stupid question :

I want to put all .reapeaks files into a folder names /peak, automatically, in each project I have, to clean the project folders of all those peak files that take half the visual space in there.

In the Preferences/media you can ask reaper to put them into the specific folder you specify under general/path.

I want it to be relative to the folder. So that in any project, they would be stored into "D:/.../Projectname/peaks/". I wrote "../peaks/" but it doesn't work.

Am I tired or something ? :)

Nah you're right, you cannot use relative path names for peak folders or for project backups either (!!!) annoying.

ReaPeak files are not important though, honestly just store them all in one general folder on your hard drive and keep them out of the project folders. You can delete all of those files and Reaper will just rebuild them next time it opens the project anyways, they are not crucial at all, just saves time loading the peak previews for each item when you open a project.

This is EXACTLY what i just did, I was thinking this is the only solution. I created a "REAPEAK" folder in the reaper folder, and will set CCleaner to clean this folder too. Or maybe I'll manually do this myself since I run CCleaner several times a day and it would piss me off to rebuild the peaks each time !

It's more annoying that we cannot set relative paths for backups. I like them to be created really often and so it takes a lot of visual space in the folder. I could do a REAPER/BACKUPS/ folder too, and manually copy the last ones at each end of the day into the project folder but I don't like the fact it's a manual action, you can forget it so easily.

Yeah honestly I just keep one big "backups" folder too. I actually kinda like it. Rarely do I need to use a backup and if I do it's easy to find the one I need. It's also easy then to clean the whole folder when I'm finished the project and have 100% complete sessions backed up properly.

Okay I think this is finally the best solution too. I decided starting from now that my folders will only contain the project and the wavs. Thanks anyway for the input, I would have searched a way to put relative folders for hours. :)