High end guitars

I used to think that expensive guitars had to be godly but after getting fucked over by some higher end brands in the past I found that Schecter is a kick ass brand that I don't have to spend an arm and leg on. ESP, Korean made Epiphones, Ibanez, Agile (from what I've heard) have a good line up as well. Yes, there are exceptions but I just don't think it's worth the extra grand. I'm a pretty picky bastard when it comes to quality too, so just be cautious before you buy and check out some of the guitar brands mentioned. Good Luck!

Yeah, that guitar probably costs a bit more though. I'll have to see

If you can handle dealing with Ed Roman and not strangling him, he does some amazing custom work. There's a section on his website for the "world's best guitars" that he sells, and his own standard series custom guitars, the Quicksilvers.

absolutely under no circumstances should you ever talk to or buy from ed roman. just do a google search about him he is repeatedly blasted on thegearpage.net harmony-central.com and every other guitar related site. it has been reported that he makes guitar body copies and sells them as originals. he is as shady as they come. not to mention not delivering what has been asked for on custom guitars etc.

+1 in everything u said... thats true.. Spend that money in a engl or madison amp... i wouldnt spend so much money on a guitar..

yes on the engl.

no on the madison.
madison is a shoddy chinese reproduction of a marshall tsl red channel.
do not buy this.

absolutely under no circumstances should you ever talk to or buy from ed roman. just do a google search about him he is repeatedly blasted on thegearpage.net harmony-central.com and every other guitar related site. it has been reported that he makes guitar body copies and sells them as originals. he is as shady as they come. not to mention not delivering what has been asked for on custom guitars etc.

Yeah I know that for sure! I went to his store once and pretty much every guitar I asked to try out they wouldn't let me even touch saying "ohh, that's ed's you can't buy or play that" and they offered me a hughs and kettner amp for half off... I dont remember which one so I pretty much got the jist that he was full of shit.

Yeah I know that for sure! I went to his store once and pretty much every guitar I asked to try out they wouldn't let me even touch saying "ohh, that's ed's you can't buy or play that" and they offered me a hughs and kettner amp for half off... I dont remember which one so I pretty much got the jist that he was full of shit.

hah man. doesn't surprise me.

give noel at tone merchants a call (rad california based high end guitar and amp store)

and ask him about a Suhr Modern Pro Series. here are the specs.

http://www.suhrguitars.com/proSeries.aspx?series=m_models

this will be without a doubt arguably the highest quality guitar that you can buy for the money.

I dont like the style... I think I've narrowed down my search to Caparisons and JEMs.
Thanks guys! You've all helped me out a lot :D

hah man. doesn't surprise me.

give noel at tone merchants a call (rad california based high end guitar and amp store)

and ask him about a Suhr Modern Pro Series. here are the specs.

http://www.suhrguitars.com/proSeries.aspx?series=m_models

this will be without a doubt arguably the highest quality guitar that you can buy for the money.

Honestly, those guitars looks pretty cheap to me (between the unbound rosewood fingerboard and solid-color finishes), and I'm not a fan of the headstock shape (or the body shape for that matter)

I really LOVE my USA Jackson SL2H.

Some Highlights:

neck thru
24 frets
Floyd rose original
Ebony fret board
Jumbo Frets
Flamed maple top
really nice looking binding
big mother of pearl inlays

The pickups are Duncans, so some people may want to change those if they aren't their thing. The neck isn't super thin but its about "just right" in my eyes. The neck joint is amazing and feels really comfortable.

They run around $1500 - $1700.
Real solid guitars! Check em out!

i have a ran, and the quality, tone and playbillity is really nice, when i ordered back then in 2005 it was a bargain, but now.. the prices seems to be very high, and the delivery time is more than a year...even read about people who waited a year and a half... :(