High end guitars

Eh, the problem with Warmoth is that not only are they bolt-on, they have a ridiculously huge heel - I'd much rather get a custom guitar built by Brent Gutierrez or Will Stinett (Metalhead28 on here)

Spending a thousand bucks on a guitar that needs a fret-job and pickup change? No fuckin' way...

I personally think the pickups on Caparisons are one of their very strong pros. You don't find high quality non-aftermarket pickups in many guitars out there... I could only imagine changing the pups of my Dellinger if I was an actives fanatic, which I'm not.

If someone gave me a set of Bareknuckles for free, would I put them in my Capi? Hell no! I'd rather sell them...

My tech did a phenomenal job on my COW 7 string.. it was $900 with duties and then after getting the headstock repaired and neck totally redone, it is now the best playing guitar I've ever owned. If you drop it off with a guitar store hack then it probably wouldn't be any improvement at all, but I've yet to play a $1k guitar that holds up to highest end guitars I've owned aside from my COW. Tonally I've gotten some real gems, but playability wise they need some work.
I've never played a guitar with pickups I didn't want to change.. Bareknuckles annihilate everything. And Cap stock pickups sound good? Right-o. Different strokes for different folks I guess..

FWIW, my RGA321 (same as the RGA121, just with a flamed maple top rather than standard) sounds ridiculously fat and full - go figure!

Ya know bro, I REALLLLLY wanted to like that axe because it had all the features I wanted and played great. Perhaps I will try it out again with some different pickups.

-Joe

Why spend so much money dude? It's really not gonna make much of a difference in quality/playability, and certainly not in tone - I'd go for a Carvin DC personally

+more...honestly, if you're smart, the right import guitars can get so close you'll be struggling to find the differences. If you have the coin to blow, by all means...but I've owned American Jacksons and I find my LTD M1000 is pretty comparable in build quality for nearly half the price

The Bareknuckles are great in my book too, but IMHO not better than the other pups I have in my guits: EMGs, passive and active Duncans, OBLs... just different.

Yeah, different strokes for different folks...

The Bareknuckles are great in my book too, but IMHO not better than the other pups I have in my guits: EMGs, passive and active Duncans, OBLs... just different.

Yeah, different strokes for different folks...

Cool...I'm always down for trying new pickups! I just got some pickups from a company called Motor City installed in my Les Paul. Can't wait to try them at practice tomorrow.

-Joe

Cool...I'm always down for trying new pickups! I just got some pickups from a company called Motor City installed in my Les Paul. Can't wait to try them at practice tomorrow.

-Joe

Do you have any Caparisons? If so where did you get them?

Do you have any Caparisons? If so where did you get them?

I used to have a Horus HGS Oiled Walnut...I bought it from Guitar Asylum. They are generally one of the few Caparison dealers around. There is another, but it's escaping me at the moment.

Also check ebay occasionally. You used to be able to order directly from Japan for MUCH cheaper, but I think the dealers were getting pissed and they cracked down.

-Joe