hmm...Antimatter is not metal

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
Yeah, I finally got a chance to listen to a Antimatter songs (mainly from Saviour, I can't seem to be able to download any of the more recent ones) and I must say, this music isn't very "metal." Which got me thinking what it's doing here anyway?

It's more along the lines of beautiful, beautiful, atmospheric music. Very pleasant to listen to and very soothing. It's too moving and calm to be categorized as metal.

But dammit, I like what I am hearing here. Musically, things are done very well. And I absolutely adore the female vocals and the ambient mood the music sets out. Songs such as "Over Your Shoulder" REALLY impressed me (the most). "The Last Laugh" as well, with female/male vocals merged together - nice touch. I also heard "Going Nowhere", "Saviour" & "Angelic." All are nice. "Psalms" & "The Last Laugh" - VERY nice. The more I listen, the more I like.

Anyway, this "dark-rock" style I find to be very appealing. It's a shame most people will never hear this.

I personally am sold, and be sure...I will be on my way to purchasing both Antimatter albums. I'm wondering how "Light's Out" sounds like?

Once again, nice piece of work!

Alcapoth said:
I personally am sold, and be sure...I will be on my way to purchasing both Antimatter albums. I'm wondering how "Light's Out" sounds like?

Once again, nice piece of work!

Sounds way more dark and gloomy and it's a masterpiece. Get both albums, you won't be disapointed !

Alcapoth said:
Anyway, this "dark-rock" style I find to be very appealing. It's a shame most people will never hear this.
dont underestimate the power of word and internet mate. i guess yer right, but most ppl wouldnt be appealed to the style. i like the dark aspects, which is comforting and sometimes even prophetising (if that's a word) the same time.

dunc & mick, just give it a go, how many ppl have you guys harvested to yer Antimatter fanbase by now u'd think?

well, antimatter doesnt really gives me a feeling of "wow it's a bright sunny day and i'm going to get myself an icecream and feed the ducks in the park" kinda thing. Allan for president if it works for you that way ;)

I have, actually, listened to Antimatter whilst feeding ducks. Honest.

Doesn't quite do that for me either, but it does give me the feeling of a humanity that could do differently than Middle East crisis, WW2, 3rd world hunger and disease, overpowering selfishness in everything and dreams that all boil down to an urge to get laid. Or at least a tiny hope of such.

Ahh, don't listen to me, I'm listening to Opeth right now.

hehehehe :D
but i do agreee, it addresses me on those points as well (not as directly), tho i still reflect to the 'disappointment' i hear in the overall atmosphere. i can only speak about my encounterings with Saviour, havent got Lights Out yet... (yeah, what the fuck was i thinking...)

toolsofthetrade said:
hehehehe :D
but i do agreee, it addresses me on those points as well (not as directly), tho i still reflect to the 'disappointment' i hear in the overall atmosphere. i can only speak about my encounterings with Saviour, havent got Lights Out yet... (yeah, what the fuck was i thinking...)

For some strange reason I feel a need to state the obvious: You need to get "Lights out".

Cerulean said:
WHAT!!???? Antimatter is not metal????????
How dare you say that!!!!!!!111 :mad:
You you you you you ruined my day!!!! :mad:

I know it's a "thing", like, and probably funny and all that, but tell me, why do people do this putting 1's after their exclamation marks all over the shop?

Light said:
I know it's a "thing", like, and probably funny and all that, but tell me, why do people do this putting 1's after their exclamation marks all over the shop?

Hungarian people put 4's, have you noticed that? :D It's cause we're all damned with the qwertZ keyboard. :erk:

So if you're angry and EXCLAIM! something, you push the button 1 (or 4, if you're Hungarian) like hell and because you're angry you don't notice when you release it. It's all so human.

BASSZÁTOK MEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!4444444444444444444

Light said:
I only noticed it afterwards and didn't feel like correcting it. I'm on a pc right now which has qwerty keyboard instead of my beloved azerty and that's the reason.
I fuckin hate qwerty.