hmmm

Yeah, thumbs up for Saturnus. 'Martyre' is my favourite, but their first album and the 'For The Loveless...' EP are excellent as well.
Speaking of 'loveless' - fans of Saturnus should check out www.theloveless.dk
They'll soon release 'Star Rover', their first full-length output. Great stuff
top.gif

The first two Saturnus albums are incredible, including the amazing mCD 'For the Loveless Lonely Nights'. Those albums are among my favorites. All the writing talent went into 'The Loveless'.. anxious to hear their new full length.

i havent even heard of this band but since u all have such good things to say about them i will try to hear some music of theirs!:)

Hmm, sorry ;) but I find them kinda dull. The first 2 songs on Martyre are awesome, and there are many cool riffs, but I don't feel they do enough with them, I kinda got bored with that album rather fast.

Oh well.......

:D

Originally posted by phyre
I have not heard Saturnus yet, but I wanted to point out that one of their songs is called "For Your Demons", which is, uh, cool. ;)

Yeah, it came out a year before Katatonia's variation on the theme.. so I wonder if Katatonia are fans?

I fucking love Saturnus. Sorry for the language, but it was necessary to convey the feelings I have for them. 'For the Loveless Lonely Nights' and 'Martyre' are two of the greatest c.ds I've heard: ever!

I love the production of 'Martyre'. And the way each song moves along, mostly at a slow pace, yet they've all got at least one great riff that makes them stand out on their own.

Definitely one of the all time great bands in my opinion. I wonder how the new stuff will sound without main songwriter Kim Larsen. From the samples it looks pretty good....