08-05 Milan

Maudit_Ligeia

New Metal Member
Sep 22, 2004
Everywhere
www.sindriventide.tk
I have to express my delusion for the katatonia performance in Milan. I've always been loving katatonia, and that one was not the first show for me, but even if I've much appreciated the choice of playing songs from most of their albums, I felt my self betrayed when I heard them... Tell me katatonia, how much have you been drinking before and during the concert? It seemed like it was the first time for you to play live! It was all wrong! I came from Abruzzo, I spent the whole night under the rain in milan, just to see what? Some guys who were having fun and feeling good for the beautiful welcome they have received...and nothing more...I don't want to think that your last albums are only a product of a hard studio work, but you are forcing me to...

I had to write all this, because know I'm really "discouraged"... and you know what it means.... I'll listen to all of my katatonia cd's trying not to identify that beautiful music with the band I saw last night

Don't blame me, I just hope it won't happen again...

regards....

Wow. I was just wondering how it turned out in Milan.
I sometimes understand your frustration cause Katatonia albums are almost a personal experience. Maybe the production has turned to be so rich on the last albums that live performances don't serve them at this point. I had experienced a gig of that sort once with Anathema being completely stoned.
I'd like to hear more reports of this concert in Milan...

Damn that sucks... not to rube it in or anything but I saw them 3 weeks ago and it was really really good.. music sounded good , jonas sang great and it was all played the way it should be... (not 100% the same as the cd but it never is)
I wonder what happend...

Juniper said:
I wonder what happend...
yes, me too...
What went wrong? did they play sloppy, or was the sound bad?:confused:
would be strange if they did suck, because I find it a bit illogical if they play almost perfect one week, and they suck the other...

Two friends of mine were there...and no one said the gig was a disappointment...
One said that the acustics of the club was really bad and that Jonas was a little out of tune during tonight´s Music...maybe they could not hear each other very well and there was some feedback here and there with Anders guitar and micro....but as far as I know the shows they played so far were really good...so maybe it was the club that sucked...dunno..I whish I have been there...

When I saw them last year in Copenhagen, the show was great, even if Jonas wasn't that perfect, but this is understandable; last night in Milan I think they were drunk! Anders went on making mistakes during the whole show... the sound of Novembre was great! Novembre made a wonderful show, and I wondered how there could have been so many differences between the sound of the two bands...
Anyway, it is just my personal judgement...