Hogue's Rocked Tonight!

CrankYanker

Mar 6, 2003
Newport Beach, CA
Wow! What a great night! :hotjump:
A few highlights from the 3rd row...
Creeping Death:
Yay! They seemed to get a chance to play a little longer than last time at Hogue's.:) A lot of Ride the Lightning material!
Starting off with Fight Fire with Fire:headbang: ... a great Fade to Black... kicking ass on No Remorse... bouncing of the walls with Damage, Inc. Awesome!

The Maidens:
The earsplitting crash of Linda's cymbals on 2 Minutes and 'all night':D.
The Prisoner!
Rime of the Ancient Mariner... always a highlight. Impeccable Wanda.
Murders in the Rue Morgue... back again! Jen, don't know how you can remember all those words and sing them so fast!
Hallowed Be Thy Name... the crowd was calling for it from the beginning, and when it was finally played, it was flawless. The band was totally in sync and the place went nuts. I'd dare to say Sara and JoJo's solos sounded even better than Maiden's did at Irvine.
Looking forward to the Galaxy show!:Spin:
Up the Irons!

:ill: Some road crew guy I am...not showing up due to my own ill health.

I'm sorry girls. :cry:

Indeed a rockin' show... Creeping Death owned!
I heard that James Hetfield didn't even curse ONCE at the San Francisco show... how about at the LA show?

The Maidens were awesome as always... It was my first time hearing The Prisoner :)

Some guy in the audience started a stupid argument with me... he kept screaming FUTUREAL!!! FUTUREAL!!! and then said that it was a Paul Di'Anno song... Soooooo I corrected him and then he told me I was wrong...
He went as far as betting with me for a drink. He said that the reason that Futureal was in Ed Hunter was because Blaze re-recorded it :err:
Soooo I corrected him again, and turned to Sara "MiniMurray" and she told him that it was a Blaze song... LOL... this dude was sooo out of it, that he also had a bet with her... then... HE SKIPPED OUT ON THE BET!!! The wanker :D :D

Bruce Chickinson said:
Keyser...thank you sooooooooooooo much for the prize give aways.....

How dare anyone argue with you over Maiden trivia. you know more obscure Maiden facts than all us Maidens put together.

xox

My pleasure!
My collection is quite ridiculous... So giving something away for a good cause, is right up my alley

I recently gave away to a VERY deserving Bruce fan (and one of my best friends), both of my Bruce-penned books... Lord Iffy was signed, and the other one, the Missionary Position, was first edition... After all the shit she'd been through... it was the least I could do

And for that guy... THE NERVE!!! :tickled:

drumslut said:
Mark and I were there to help out. The audience was really into it but behaved for the most part!

Still no reason to be pushing myself to the point where I'm lightheaded and dizzy. I'm probably going to be unbearable by the end of the semester.

Looks like I picked the wrong month to quit drinking! :saint:

smylex said:
Still no reason to be pushing myself to the point where I'm lightheaded and dizzy.
That's how I feel all the time! :cool:
No worries, Smylex, your Hellth is most important. Hope you're feeling better! Drumslut! Thanks for the help! I owe ya a drink! :) Keyser, thanks to you too for the wonderful giveaways!!!! You are awesome!

Jeff Milne said:
A big thanks to Sara for getting me in free :D and giving me that pick.
n/p jeff! :wave: i saw that pick lying by my amp-maybe the guitarist from anti-chrysler dropped it. the hole in the middle is quite unusual and i remembered you posting that they're hard to find.

What can I say, I'm still numb from the onslaught that was had on friday nite. This was my first time seeing you gals and I can honestly say I had just as much fun at Hogue's as the nights two weeks ago in Irvine & Long Beach. You kicked my ass!
The idea of being able to hear The Prisoner, Aces High and Rime of the Ancient Mariner live again gave me the biggest rush plus who would'v ever thought I'd hear Murders in the Rue Morgue and Children of the Damned played live for the first time.
Thanks for the awesome time, you gals are on fy-yaaaa!!!
:hotjump:

~e~

CrankYanker said:
Wow! What a great night! :hotjump:
A few highlights from the 3rd row...
Creeping Death:
Yay! They seemed to get a chance to play a little longer than last time at Hogue's.:) A lot of Ride the Lightning material!
Starting off with Fight Fire with Fire:headbang: ... a great Fade to Black... kicking ass on No Remorse... bouncing of the walls with Damage, Inc. Awesome!

The Maidens:
The earsplitting crash of Linda's cymbals on 2 Minutes and 'all night':D.
The Prisoner!
Rime of the Ancient Mariner... always a highlight. Impeccable Wanda.
Murders in the Rue Morgue... back again! Jen, don't know how you can remember all those words and sing them so fast!
Hallowed Be Thy Name... the crowd was calling for it from the beginning, and when it was finally played, it was flawless. The band was totally in sync and the place went nuts. I'd dare to say Sara and JoJo's solos sounded even better than Maiden's did at Irvine.
Looking forward to the Galaxy show!:Spin:
Up the Irons!