Holy FESTIVAL!!

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
According to Ashladan.be, ICED EARTH, HELMET and NOVEMBERS DOOM have been confirmed for this year's Graspop Metal Meeting, set to take place June 27-29, 2008 at De Boeretand in Dessel, Belgium. The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

36 CRAZYFISTS
ALCHEMIST
APOCALYPTICA
AT THE GATES
AVENGED SEVENFOLD
BEHEMOTH
BLEEDING THROUGH
BRING ME THE HORIZON
BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
CAVALERA CONSPIRACY
COMEBACK KID
CONVERGE
DEATHSTARS
DEF LEPPARD
DYING FETUS
FORBIDDEN
HELMET
HOLLENTHON
ICED EARTH
IN FLAMES
IRON MAIDEN
JUDAS PRIEST
KORPIKLAANI
MADBALL
MINISTRY
MORBID ANGEL
MY DYING BRIDE
NILE
NOVEMBERS DOOM
OBITUARY
OPETH
ROTTING CHRIST
SABATON
SAXON
SOILWORK
SONATA ARCTICA
TESTAMENT
THROWDOWN
VOLBEAT
WHITESNAKE
YNGWIE MALMSTEEN

Death Angel and Forbidden, Thursday 2/28 at Slims in San Francisco, I will be there rocking out! Get to see Dublin Death Patrol on 3/1 ni Modesto CA too while I am visiting an old high school buddy in Santa Cruz (an hour south of San Francisco). Rock on!

They're playing a festival in upstate NY as well.

I know, but still is a long way from Ohio.

usa3.jpg

Why is Forbidden playing all these European festivals and won't playing outside of SF in the States? How about a Midwest show?

Because most tour promoters and venues here in the States probably won't make offers that are worthy enough for the band to tour here, unfortunately. In Europe there's much more of a demand (and respect) for bands like Forbidden. Sad but true. Also depends on what the band's asking price is to fly out for a one-off fest appearance, too.

Yes, we confirmed our appearance at the Graspop festival in Belgium. Last year only drew about 120,000 people, so when we WEREN'T invited to play this years Chicago Powerfest, we decided to go with "Plan B." :lol:

So, we'll get to play with Iced Earth and Testament there... And Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, My Dying Bride, Morbid Angel... A few other small bands. :lol::lol::lol: