Novembers Doom CONFIRMED for GRASPOP

Those kinds of shows are booked by a big name tour promoter and can usually guarantee a pretty decent draw. We wouldn't get booked into Pearl Room as a headliner, not in our wildest dreams. Maybe the Colloseum bar next door (which actually isn't a bad room at all, if they'd even have us as well). I've tried contacting different people at the Pearl Room to inquire about the possibility of us getting the opening slot on the major Metal tours that come through, and I've just gotten the runaround. Meanwhile, I see bands who I've either never heard of, or know that they have no record deal, no touring experience, and little local support, getting these opening slots. I'd love to know who the fuck they're connected with that they keep getting these spots, because noone ever seems to want to do us a favor or cut us a break, haha!

I'm not trying to sound bitchy about this, it's just really frustrating, the whole situation. This kind of crap just makes me look forward to playing something like Graspop that much more :)

We're looking into something for the local guys as well. :)

Yeah, Biebob would be great. But i seriously doubt you will be having 400 people when graspop is going on. Unless you're doing a sneak-preview of the DVD :headbang:

Do you know the 013 in Tilburg. About 30 Km from graspop and Biebob.
They have 3 stages.
Maybe the batcave(approx 120 people) or the "kleine zaal" (max 300) is an option for the local guys.
Or even the famous "Dynamo" in Eindhoven.

Yeah, Biebob would be great. But i seriously doubt you will be having 400 people when graspop is going on. Unless you're doing a sneak-preview of the DVD :headbang:

Do you know the 013 in Tilburg. About 30 Km from graspop and Biebob.
They have 3 stages.
Maybe the batcave(approx 120 people) or the "kleine zaal" (max 300) is an option for the local guys.
Or even the famous "Dynamo" in Eindhoven.

No way would we attempt Biebob during Graspop weekend. That's suicide. If we do a one off in Belgium, It will most likely be another small metal bar setting, and another possible acoustic show, just for a relaxed evening with fans and friends! If we did any full on shows, we'd most likely play the Netherlands, maybe Germany... Something that's a bit further from Dessel.

Actually, what I meant by local was something at home in Chicago, but come to think of it, I like to think Belgium is becoming pretty local for us! We LOVE it there.

I've tried contacting different people at the Pearl Room to inquire about the possibility of us getting the opening slot on the major Metal tours that come through, and I've just gotten the runaround. Meanwhile, I see bands who I've either never heard of, or know that they have no record deal, no touring experience, and little local support, getting these opening slots.

Maybe it's me, but this shit blows my mind! It just seems totally fucked to me that an amazing, well known band like ND would "get the runaround". Who are these no-hearing dimwits anyway? Or did you guys do something to piss Chitown off??? :lol: Maybe you're just too damn good and they're afraid you'll blow the main act off the stage :)

I'll tell you this much...you guys come to Philly, and I'll be there front and center, no matter where or how many people show up...

Maybe it's me, but this shit blows my mind! It just seems totally fucked to me that an amazing, well known band like ND would "get the runaround". Who are these no-hearing dimwits anyway? Or did you guys do something to piss Chitown off??? :lol: Maybe you're just too damn good and they're afraid you'll blow the main act off the stage :)

Honestly, it's about who you know, and the relationship you have with the booking agent. All these bookers like to help out their "friends" and we never made the correct friends in Chicago I guess.

Honestly, it's about who you know, and the relationship you have with the booking agent. All these bookers like to help out their "friends" and we never made the correct friends in Chicago I guess.

VERY true.....
Sad...but true...

I won't name any specific bands, but as Larry said, look at some of the locals who have supported touring bands at HOB and Pearl Room... Sometimes I have seen a band listed, looked em up on Metal Archives, and found out they were indeed a local band!

I don't begrudge other Chicago bands for getting the opening slots, good for them. If they've got the connections to do so, that's awesome for them. I'm just frustrated because I can't seem to figure out why it is that we can't seem to get our foot in the right doors.

gettings gigs is insanely hard... even here. my band's trying like hell as well. maybe it'll work better once we get our album out.

but congrats on the graspop thing!

Yes, I did know when you asked, and had to bite my tongue. What was funny, it was the worst kept secret in De Rots! We told NO ONE, and people we're coming up to us whispering "See you at Graspop!" :lol: We couldn't take the chance and talk about it, and risk losing the spot on the fest. The wait was tough, but worth it!

Honestly, we are trying to book a show or 2 other then Graspop, but we shall see. It's difficult to book during the surrounding days to the fest, and the club owners know the draw will be weak. We'll post it as soon as or if anything else is confirmed.

We're looking into something for the local guys as well. :)

Come to the Dynamo club in Eindhoven! We'd love to have you play a gig at our place. I have been playing ND like crazy on the regular metal nights in our club. :headbang:

The line-up is almost finished for graspop.
I've just received their newsletter.
ND will be playing on Saturday June 28.
Kiss is the headliner on Saturday.
Check out www.graspop.be for other bands playing on saturday and the other days.
Time schedule is not yet known. But i presume you will be playing in the afternoon in one of the dark-marquee tents.
I'll be there the whole long-weekend, hope to see, find you in the crowd.