Novembers Doom CONFIRMED for GRASPOP

I'm going to Sweden Rock in June, but have been keeping an eye on the Graspop line up. It truly is an amazing line up. That said, I was at Wacken last year, which apparently had 60,000 in attendance. Graspop will supposedly host 100,000 this year. No thanks. Although Graspop's line up is vastly superior to SWR's, I'll take SWR minus 70,000 people.

Zod

Hmmm, well ok then
From my perspective, shows of this size just aren't that much fun. You can't get any where near the stage, and simply walking 50 yards, through the crowd, can take a half hour. Even for the smaller bands, on the smaller stages, the crowd can remove any of the joy of going to a show. At Wacken last year, we tried to catch Tyr. They had them in a small, tented area (the W.E.T. Stage). My wife and I got there early. However, the area filled to the point where it became so compressed, it was uncomfortable. When my wife requested we leave the tented area, I nearly had to do bodily harm to several individuals just to get her out of there. That's not much fun.

My decision to go to SWR was made long before I scoped out the Graspop line up. And although it's amazing, I prefer a good line-up and 30,000 people to a great line-up and 100,000 people.

Hopefully you guys will play Metal Camp next year. As I understand it, as far as festivals go, it's a fairly intimate, relaxed environment. And it's probably the last festival of that type the wife and I will do.

Zod

We'd like to play MetalCamp, we looked into doing it this year and it was a possibility but logistically it wound up not working out. So next year, yeah hopefully we can work it out.

OK I understand where you're coming from now regarding the crowd issues, I didn't quite grasp that when I read your first post. I'm not a fan of being crammed in with loads of people either. I've never been to any of the gigantic Euro fests yet so I can only imagine how it is.

We'd like to play MetalCamp, we looked into doing it this year and it was a possibility but logistically it wound up not working out. So next year, yeah hopefully we can work it out.
Hopefully you guys can work it out for next year. I hear Slovenia is just beautiful. We really wanted to go this year, but the line up was a complete disappointment.

Knock'em dead at Graspop.

Zod

I'm going to Sweden Rock in June, but have been keeping an eye on the Graspop line up. It truly is an amazing line up. That said, I was at Wacken last year, which apparently had 60,000 in attendance. Graspop will supposedly host 100,000 this year. No thanks. Although Graspop's line up is vastly superior to SWR's, I'll take SWR minus 70,000 people.

Zod

I understand this completely. I HATE crowds. It's a reason I don't go to shows too often, BUT, from a performing bands point of view, a packed stage area is amazing. So, I will love the crowd while on stage, but when we're done, I'm sure I'll freak a bit. haha

I understand this completely. I HATE crowds. It's a reason I don't go to shows too often, BUT, from a performing bands point of view, a packed stage area is amazing. So, I will love the crowd while on stage, but when we're done, I'm sure I'll freak a bit. haha
Oh... hell yeah. It should be amazing from your vantage point. I'm sure you guys will kill.

Zod

Graspop will supposedly host 100,000 this year. No thanks.

Actually, those 100.000 people are spread across the 3 days. One day, it will be around 35.000 to 40.000 people that will attend the festival.

The biggest festival in Belgium can host 70.000 people a day (Rock Werchter).

The Graspop running order is online
http://www.graspop.be/pages/index.php?f=bands#

Here's my schedule, if possible :)
Friday :
Steak Number Eight
Moonspell
Symphony X or Obituary
Firewind
Testament or Nile
Ministry
Judas Priest

Saturday
Sabaton
Novembers Doom
Volbeat
Hollenthon
Forbidden
Dying Fetus
Valient Thorr ???
Iced Earth
Immortal
My Dying Bride
Kiss ???

Sunday
Rotting Christ
Alchemist
Apocalyptica
Primordial
Madball
Opeth
Iron Maiden

Congrats lads! I might actually see you guys down there; I'll be in Ireland during that time so I'm thinking of booking a cheap flight over to Belguim to catch the fest that weekend. I saw you guys at the first Heathen Crusade fest a few years back and I was thoroughly impressed.

There really needs to be a Euro metal fest (including ND, Agalloch, and Daylight Dies) done here in the states somewhere. I can't express enough hatred for the 'core' bands which are so popular here...ugh. Makes me so pissed to see a such a quality band like ND have to go to Europe to pull a crowd.
I went to see Opeth tonight and while Three was great, BTAM made me want to vomit all over the place. Just another run of the mill puke into the mic and make noise American metal band. The bad part is I see that shit band getting praise everywhere for their latest shitfest 'colors'.

Ok, rant over..but on topic I really hope all the best for you guys @ Graspop, we all know you will crush. Just wish I could be there.

There really needs to be a Euro metal fest (including ND, Agalloch, and Daylight Dies) done here in the states somewhere. I can't express enough hatred for the 'core' bands which are so popular here...ugh. Makes me so pissed to see a such a quality band like ND have to go to Europe to pull a crowd.
I went to see Opeth tonight and while Three was great, BTAM made me want to vomit all over the place. Just another run of the mill puke into the mic and make noise American metal band. The bad part is I see that shit band getting praise everywhere for their latest shitfest 'colors'.

Ok, rant over..but on topic I really hope all the best for you guys @ Graspop, we all know you will crush. Just wish I could be there.

Colors is amazing.

Yeah, well maybe it is. I guess I was a little harsh there. I've never listened to Colors - only myspace snippets when I heard about them and decided it wasn't for me. But seeing them live made me wonder why everyone gives that band so much praise. It didn't really sound like anything out of the ordinary 'core' sound to me.