Holy Fuck!!! Metallica Are Back!!!

mattt

Yes.
Feb 4, 2002
I just downloaded a sample of 'Frantic' by Metallica and holy fuck!!!!!!!! Metallica are back. Awesome fuckin' metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the hype is justified

download @
http://www.allmetallica.com/

I have been trying to tell everyone that for months now. ;)

Clip sounds cool. For some reason the main riff reminds me of 'Whiplash'. The melodic-ish bit at the end is cool too. Indeed it does sound promising.

In other Metallica news, it is unconfirmed, but a very strong chance, that they will be touring January/Febuary 2004, and possibly headlining the Big Day Out, as well as their own shows. :headbang:

Yep Lars said again in an interview they were touring Australia in January :headbang:

Blitzkrieg said:
I'm not sure how it will turn out with no solos though....and people have been comparing their new stuff to Meshuggah, whats that about!?
Ahh well, will just have to wait and see I guess, then I will form my own opinion. :D

I couldn't be bothered doing it myself, so here's a cliche post from an earlier thread.

Reminds me of System Of A Down how it keeps jumping from soft, weird sounding parts into heavy, stop-start type rhythms.

To me it sounds like they are trying to just be as heavy as they can and forgotten about writing catchy songs. Sounds crap.

I fucking LOVE THAT FRANTIC CLIP ARGH IM SHITTING MY PANTS

edit: I had myself looking like a knob

This just makes me more interested in hearing the real thing... because the sound on this sucks major arse!

Plus, I've heard people complain about the "nu-metal soft bit" at the end... fuck, for all we know they go into a massive blast beat pattern next! ???

I like the sound of it :) Will be much better when we hear the studio version, definitely the most aggressive thing they have done in over a decade :headbang:

i agree that the studio version will sound better.
but the song sounded like shit. as i said on descend's forum. its like they've said lets stop writing complex riffs/songs. even the tracklist that have been going around the songs name's sound pretty boring.