Holy Shit! Katatonia US tour!!!!

Wait wait, so you're telling me that Katatonia might make it down to fuckin mexico but won't bother coming to the pacific northwest for even one damn show?!?! what the hell kind of following do they have in mexico anyways? This is so appalling....

Mexico has some of the most die hard fans! quit hatin'

when Katatonia made their second appearance in the USA, me and my bro FLEW from Los Angeles to Cleveland just to see THEM. Dedicated fans will find a way or another to make it to a show.

Reece, see you in LA? :)

Anders...in need of a spanish translator? :oops:

I just re-vamped the Scar Symmetry myspace with a new layout, new Tour Flyer and web banner.

so go check it out @
myspace.com/scarsymmetry

...this is so exciting :D

Thank you for that :) I have completed adding all the dates and your flyer to last.fm. Hope these shows get a lot of people!

For those of you irked about the booking choices, here is what you can do to help foreign bands with no US Label in the future:

1. Do some research on your local venues to find out which ones book the majority of metal shows or foregn gigs (no brainer, right?)
2. Contact the venue to ask about their booking policies. For the more paranoid clubs, tell them you are writing a thesis. Good questions to ask are, what is the percentage cut of door profit for shows? Do they allow bands to sell merchandise? Do they require a cut of merchandise profits? Do they have other restrictions such as noise, age, fire, etc? Do they provide a P.A.? Soundguy? Lighting?
3. Get the name of the primary contact and favored method of contact (email, phone etc)
4. Understand potential negative competitors (Clear Channel for instance) to warn against. Some clubs will only work with these companies, which could be good or bad for the band.
5. Understand your area's market for this music. Its not worth helping a band book a show if you and your best friend are the only two within 100 miles to have ever heard of Metallica. If you have a strategy for promoting the show, or you know a good promoter in town that can help, that will make the band more likely to trust your recommendation.
6. Forward the info to the band along with any other recommendations (places to stay, things to do if they have an off-day, contact and address info for local radio stations that may help promote their show)

Obviously the more you go to gigs and the more people you know, the better equipped you are to do this, but anyone can dig in and start networking. :)

now.. that SHOULD BE so true.... so that i could take my existance into a whole new level of being.. if they ever come to Brasil i would easily set my highest priority to that for sure... would maybe quit university for a semester, if nescessary .. :worship:
I so agree with you! I'd do anything to see them live if they ever come to Argentina... Anything for the Katz. I hope in a near future, you, Blakkie, will be giving us, your southamerican fans, some nice news...

Anybody else who is going to the NY show on September 6..... We'z gonna party!

hahaha deliverance you are unaware of my situation. I have work full time and go to school full time, so driving 18 hours to california is kinda unrealistic, and also my boss is coincidentally taking that week off so I can't book it off anyways. flying across the country to quebec and ontario isn't super cheap but probably the only thing that is going to work out for me. I've driven 9 hours one way to see Opeth, but this is a little unrealistic.

I understand it's out of the band's hands entirely, but that still doesn't mean I can't be bitter! haha thanks guys
I’d be overjoyed just to have the chance to quit my job, skip a few classes and drive for 18 hours to see Katatonia. Try thinking about it from the bands perspective. They have flown half way across the world to play shows that are a lot easer for people living in North America to attend. If Katatonia means more to you than work and school, I’m sure you will find a way to go.

I’d be overjoyed just to have the chance to quit my job, skip a few classes and drive for 18 hours to see Katatonia. Try thinking about it from the bands perspective. They have flown half way across the world to play shows that are a lot easer for people living in North America to attend. If Katatonia means more to you than work and school, I’m sure you will find a way to go.

Thank you Eve! People don't know how fortunate they are. All this whining! Go take a trip...take a few days off work...think of the people who will never have a chance to get Katatonia in their country or find a way to even leave their country to see them. Don't be spoiled...if you want it bad enough you'll go get it.

It really pisses me off that Philadelphia (5th biggest city in the US) won't book any shows.The last few years have been such shit.

Yeah man Pittsburgh doesn't get anything good either...'cept for that Lacuna Coil/Gathering show a couple of weeks ago!!:headbang:

Did you make it over for that one? I was quite pleased. :)

porter-full.jpg

Yo Dogg Ima sweatin' Da KAtz be cummin here soon!1

They are playing Hartford, CT on the 5th at the Webster. I will be there.

It really pisses me off that Philadelphia (5th biggest city in the US) won't book any shows.The last few years have been such shit.

Out of curiosity, why NYC over Hartford? NYC is closer to Phillie.