Holy shit!

^
Yes, Opeth are my fav band atm, although GR is not thier best by any means. The irritating thing is that DT deserve to be headlining gigs, not supporting others and it's symptomatic of their status as one of the most underrated bands in metal.

I mean In Flames are gonna be supported by Sepultura on their European Tour forgod'ssake, *whispers* and I don't mind some of their post Cavalera output, so surely Dt deserve to be giggin' being supported by, say, Entombed? ;)

Teddeh^ said:
The irritating thing is that DT deserve to be headlining gigs, not supporting others and it's symptomatic of their status as one of the most underrated bands in metal.
Agreed.

Now, about the whole Opeth fans are *explicit deleted*. Well I must say that, after meeting a few die-hard fans of the guys, I was quite disappointed by their animalistic and childish behaviors. Still, I appreciate the musicians and their product, I just stay away from the fans ;)

How exactly would you classify Opeth? I haven't heard them except for "Blackwater Park".

RampageSword said:
Agreed.

Now, about the whole Opeth fans are *explicit deleted*. Well I must say that, after meeting a few die-hard fans of the guys, I was quite disappointed by their animalistic and childish behaviors. Still, I appreciate the musicians and their product, I just stay away from the fans ;)

You have it in one.

Zack said:
How exactly would you classify Opeth? I haven't heard them except for "Blackwater Park".

I'd say they're progressive metal, with elements of death, doom and prog rock

RampageSword said:
Agreed.

Now, about the whole Opeth fans are *explicit deleted*. Well I must say that, after meeting a few die-hard fans of the guys, I was quite disappointed by their animalistic and childish behaviors. Still, I appreciate the musicians and their product, I just stay away from the fans

This is really disappointing for me as a 'die-hard' Opeth fan. I'm certainly not making excuses, but I would point out that I post regularly on an unofficial Opeth forum and have had no problems getting on with the peeps there, even if it is decidedly less busy than the official one. At both Opeth gigs I've been to (alone :( ) I've also had no problem meeting and getting on with random guys and gals there who appreciate the band as much as I do.

And to keep this post on-topic, this news is just irritating because I'd love to see DT supporting Opeth but I don't reckon either band will be touring the UK for a while... :/

@Teddeh^ : I didn't mean to generalize. The "stay away form the fans" was more of a joke than a statement. What I meant is that I met (quite often) some very immature Opeth fans but that doesn't mean every last one of them is a hopeless moron.

^
Yay! There's hope for me yet! :) But you're right RampageSword, unfortunately there are fans of Opeth who are unpleasant. Funnily enough though, for me it's the opposite. The fans I can't get on with are quite elitist and even pompous... presumably they think a metal band that utilises prog rock elements and has songs over 7mins long gives them that right :bah: :yuk:

Arch said:
Why isn't Opeth opening for dt and Devin Townsend Band? :(
I don't think it's a good idea

....i mean DT doesn't deserve such a bad support as Opeth! :loco:
I saw Opeth twice - once about 6 years ago and it was the worstest support I've ever seen (for the Gathering and My Dying Bride) and the second time on the Summerbreeze Festival last year....sorry, but I couldn't match any progression in this Band....the same boring and colourless band/music

To start I am a HUGE Opeth fan, and a VERY BIG DT fan. Truthfully it is only because of my chance exposure and subsequent life altering experience with Opeth that I even discovered DT.

I'm from Ottawa and I would give my left nut for these 2 bands to share a gig in Montreal, but its not looking good. That would have been an awesome gig!!

BUT I do agree that DT deserves to headline their own tour - but just not above Opeth. If In flames and Soilwork can be headliners and DT can't then something is wrong...

The way it look's now, I'll probably make at least 3 of these shows. :) :) :)
Waiting to see all stops/cities listed, if FL is on the list I'll probably fly down there to visit my Sister and see/hear some more shows on this tour.

Ain't life a beach :tickled:

La Rocque said:
The way it look's now, I'll probably make at least 3 of these shows. :) :) :)
Waiting to see all stops/cities listed, if FL is on the list I'll probably fly down there to visit my Sister and see/hear some more shows on this tour.

Ain't life a beach :tickled:

By fucking irony DT is playing on 18th of February around Pittsburgh, while IN FLAMES are here, in Philly, on 17th. For me it's an 8 hour train, and it get there only at 7pm on 18th, and the one back is 1pm on Sunday.

I REALLY hope there gona be more civilized places en route, and I don't mind making it to LA (if finances allow - I just booked (today) my weekend for the IN FLAMES show there), but... well, I need them in Philly and NYC... NOW!!! :yell:

well. im a fan of both, but the fans are really the same, at least the ones i know. when i went to a Dt concert here most ppl there thought they were the shit too

From the Opeth site, what's up with this?
If You're expecting to see DT in NYC or Chicago ... Beware

February 23rd - New York, Town Hall Theatre - NY (onsaledate 20/1) SPECIAL: Evening With... No support band

March 2nd - Chicago, House of Blues - Seated - IL (onsaledate 20/1) SPECIAL: Evening With... No support band

I think I'm the only one who had not objections about that gig. If I could join it, I would die happy after watching my two favorite bands (DT and Opeth obviously) at the same show.

Perhaps that's why there's not a gig near to my town. :cry: