HOLY WARS DI'S + MIDI FOR YOU TO MIX!

That explains it!. I cut at 45-60hz range, higher then that the thickness of the guitars go away. Better to use multibandsidechaincompressor or automate a eq that dips the palmmute frequences.

I decided to let the bass and the kick do all the "low" work and prevent guitars from fighting them. I did not find any tastiness or thickness in those guitars tuned to E Standard. I didn't scoop any useful tone.

I decided to let the bass and the kick do all the "low" work and prevent guitars from fighting them. I did not find any tastiness or thickness in those guitars tuned to E Standard. I didn't scoop any useful tone.

Ah, well guitars are still to thin, i think it's the ampsim itself. What is it if i may ask? Even the pods sound better then this when tweaked right.

Ah, well guitars are still to thin, i think it's the ampsim itself. What is it if i may ask? Even the pods sound better then this when tweaked right.

The chain itself is as follows:
1) TSE 808 ver. 2.0
2) BIAS AMP 2 -> Megadeth Rust In Peace 1990 tone (matched by someone I don't know). The tone itself is very alike to the original Dave's tone at the time.

It would be cool for people who post their mixes to give a short run down of what they did to achieve their mix. - Basic EQ settings, what plugins they used, etc... :)

The chain itself is as follows:
1) TSE 808 ver. 2.0
2) BIAS AMP 2 -> Megadeth Rust In Peace 1990 tone (matched by someone I don't know). The tone itself is very alike to the original Dave's tone at the time.

Interesting! I tried Bias 1 before, i kinda liked it. What a shame that it sounded so thin. Perhaps it's the DI's quality aswell. I wish i could make a mix aswell. Damn it.

That explains it!. I cut at 45-60hz range, higher then that the thickness of the guitars go away. Better to use multibandsidechaincompressor or automate a eq that dips the palmmute frequences.
Do you cut before or after amp simulation, or both maybe? Or does cutting frequencies before adding an amp not matter too much in your experience?
Interesting! I tried Bias 1 before, i kinda liked it. What a shame that it sounded so thin. Perhaps it's the DI's quality aswell. I wish i could make a mix aswell. Damn it.
Try overloud TH3, I've tried bias 1 and used to really like it, but TH3 seems to have much fuller richer tones, and a lot of other people feel the same way too! :)

Do you cut before or after amp simulation, or both maybe? Or does cutting frequencies before adding an amp not matter too much in your experience?

Try overloud TH3, I've tried bias 1 and used to really like it, but TH3 seems to have much fuller richer tones, and a lot of other people feel the same way too! :)

After always. You want all the greese then cut out the annoying frequences. But i guess it depends but we are at ultimatemetal forum so heavy tones, at least i never eq before the ampsim. It matters, cause you don't know what frequences to cut otherwise you have to guess. TH3 i've heard about it. Have to try it sometime. But atm i'm pretty happy with my heavy tones. It's all about layering anyway. I could get good tones with a Toneport if i want (check this subforum for evidence). Been dusting it off and rockin' that line6 toneport again with the pod xt metalpacks, haha.