HolyHell, Rhapsody, & Manowar in Orlando

HolyHell were very good. I thought the original stuff was pretty good but a little slow for my taste but the female singer has a good voice. She did a duet of Phatom of the Opera with the singer of Manowar... And to close the show the did a cover of Yngwie's Rising Force which was very good. :headbang:

The came :headbang: Rhapsody :headbang: ....
One of the tightest show's I've seen in a long time. If you get a chance to see them live then I suggest you go. It was metal in its truest form. Highlight of the night for me was 'Emerald Sword'. Even came out for a quick encore even they werent the headliner.

Let the Anthems play..... I was not always the biggest Manowar fan and in my 900+ cd's I had not gotten around to ever buying a Manowar cd, so I wasnt familiar with alot of their material. But after this show, I have become a Manowar fan. I think the first CD of theirs I will get will be a live CD b/c the show had such high energy.

In two weeks it will be Priest and Queensryche in Tampa...... :headbang:

I've been a Manowar fan since high school, hey, what can I say? You either like em or you don't. My biggest fear goin to Orlando was "They better not suck". They didn't.

I dug HolyHell, but people... bring some cds. You had dozens of people pestering the merch guy for them and a crowd in the H section at Virgin Megastore after show looking too.

Rhapsody was incredible. I was impressed. I was always leary of how they would be live because at times they have a lot going on in their tunes. Village of the dwarves was my favorite from their set.

Manowar the right to conquer every shore. Amazing. Those of you who hate them just find another thread, let those of us who were there enjoy a great show. I was happy they just didn't come out and play every "metal anthem" they have and call it a night. They pretty much played all my favorites; Outlaw, Power, Hail & Kill, etc.. When they played Black Wind Fire & Steel that was it for me (my favorite Manowar tune). If they would have played Demon Whip I think I would have lost my mind, but all in all it was worth the long dam wait to finally get a chance to see these guys.

And even though I have all of Rhapsody's discs, I really don't know too much about the members. I must say that the bass player from Rhapsody is F&(@#!& AMAZING. Usually when drums stop time for bass solo be bad.. well not in this case. Out of all the dam solos we had to sit through his made it worth while.

What a great way to start getting me prepped for PP this year.

I even got to do some pre-PP loot hauling warm up at Virgin Megastore;

Force Of Evil - Black Empire
Threshold - Extinct Instinct
Falconer - Grime & Grandeur
Visions of Atlantis - Cast Away (never heard of them, TooBad said they were good and I have to agree, basically a Nightwish type band w/ a little more male vocals thrown in)
Metalium - Demons of Insanity