Honkers

I always get a kick out of traffic jam honkers, at any decent traffic jam there is always a huge line of people honking intermittently, as if this is going to change the fact the traffic is not moving. Maybe they think the person at the front just forgot to accelerate, and if everyone honks for a while then they will realise their mistake.
Personally I am of the opinion that unless it's a life or death situation, you might as well just relax and enjoy some music. And while you're at it, enjoy the mental image of dozens of people frantically whacking at their horns and wondering why the hell it isn't making the problem disappear.

As for tailgaters, I once got the shit kicked out of me because the driver of the car I was in thought it would be funny to break hard to scare the bunch of drunken cumdumpsters tailgating us. He was completely right, it was hilarious until they cut us off on a narrow street and 5 missing links jumped out and attacked us. I couldn't move my neck for a week after that. Road rage sucks.

Personally I am of the opinion that unless it's a life or death situation, you might as well just relax and enjoy some music.
I try to do this more and more with each passing day. Sometimes it works, other times, no.
As for tailgaters, I once got the shit kicked out of me because the driver of the car I was in thought it would be funny to break hard to scare the bunch of drunken cumdumpsters tailgating us. He was completely right, it was hilarious until they cut us off on a narrow street and 5 missing links jumped out and attacked us. I couldn't move my neck for a week after that. Road rage sucks.
Wow. I hope that dude bought you a beer or 26 because of that.

I have one I think is pretty good: when I had my MX-5 people were always pulling out in front of me and cutting me off and such so I installed an air horn.
One day I was tooling down the road and a minivan pulled out right in front of me. It wasnt that she couldnt see me, it was that she didnt give a shit. So I decided to blow my horn until one of us turned off. After a couple hundred yards or so, my horn went out. I kept pressing the button but nothing happened. Great.
So, I figure it has to a fuse because I installed the horn per the instructions but after checking every fuse that made sense (there is no "horn" fuse - too convenient) I didnt find anything. So I said fuck it.
Soon, my check engine light came on. Now you know this can mean any of a million different trouble codes they program into cars nowadays and I was certain it wasn't something to do with emissions. So, when it was time to take my car in for the government mandated emissions check (a true racket) I did so without pause. After waiting in line for about an hour, the dude told me I couldn't even take the test because my check engine light was on. Hmm, woulda been nice to know that before hand eh?
Of course, now I have to take the car to the shop because, goat forbid, they can't make cars anymore that you can fix with a screwdriver, you need a million dollar computer to tell you what's fucked up.
So after checking the codes, the shop dude tells me that my check engine light was on because the fuse to the brake lights was blown. Apparently, Mazda, in their wisdom saw fit to route the horn circuit through the brake light circuit. Makes sense right? :erk:
Finally, after forking over $100+ to the shop, wasting time at the emissions station, driving without a horn OR brake lights (unbeknownst to me, obviously) for several months, I could've remedied the problem with a $.10 fuse.
Or I couldve just not blown the horn.

hahahaha

i think if jerry ever went to india his head would
Scanners.gif

Or I couldve just not blown the horn.
hahaha

Reminds me of my first car, an '86 Suzuki Samurai. Whoever owned it before me installed a shitty stereo, with a lead running off the clutch override wire. We pulled about 50 feet of stereo cable from the dashboard, all for 3 speakers that were exactly 2 feet behind the front seats. Idiots.

hahahahahahahahahaha
You'll like this one: I recently installed a CD player in my Ranger as all it had was the stock cassette player (in a 2003 no less). Rather than go through my typical rigging-of-the-stereo procedures I just bought everything in a kit: wire harness, tools to remove the stock stereo, a fitment for the dash, etc. It was full-proof.

Needless to say, the whole thing from removal to install took one hour.
After driving around a bit, I noticed that on a big bump the unit, fitment and all would pop slightly out of the dash. Fuck. Can't have that now can we?

A month or so goes by and I finally get my tools out to rig it up but discover that it was my fault to begin with because I extended a tab that otherwise shouldve not been extended, blah blah blah. So I put the thing back in the dash and it seemed nice and solid.

So I drive down the street to see how it will handle some off-road situations. I found some abandoned train tracks, went over them slowly, turned around and put the pedal to the metal. When I came back down to Earth, the entire kit flew out of the dash and hit me in the leg. hahaha

hahahahaha that fucking rules.

Yeah, I hate those god damn universal fit metal sleeve things, they have about 90 pull tabs on them so they'll work for every Chevy Dodge International Subaru AMC Tucker Honda Studebaker Trabant in existence.

I've done the old dash-hanging-on-the-floor-but-the-tunes-sound-awesome thing too many times, these days if it has a CD player and one speaker working, I call it a day and crank the tunes.

I just noticed I said "full-proof" in post #30 hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Also, "Trabant" LOL x 43

my friend josh decided to install a stereo in his jeep without any idea of what he was doing. he fucked it up so badly that he accidentally got all of these irrelevant wires involved in the project. we went for a drive right after he was "done" to test it out... he turned on the stereo and his seat just started to move forward without stopping! it totally crushed him and i had to like take the wheel and help puill him out of the car. it was awesome.

hahaha is this true?! hilarious!
Are we talking about a Cherokee or something here? I can't picture a Wrangler with power seats

hahaha is this true?! hilarious!
Are we talking about a Cherokee or something here? I can't picture a Wrangler with power seats

yeah it was a super old Cherokee! piece of shit gas guzzler... you couldn't go over like 60mph or else it would sound like it was falling apart. craaaazy shaking and stuff. you could get two wheels off of the ground with like a slight turn hahaha

my friend josh decided to install a stereo in his jeep without any idea of what he was doing. he fucked it up so badly that he accidentally got all of these irrelevant wires involved in the project. we went for a drive right after he was "done" to test it out... he turned on the stereo and his seat just started to move forward without stopping! it totally crushed him and i had to like take the wheel and help puill him out of the car. it was awesome.

LOL

I would have laughed myself to death if I had seen that.

*EDIT* I'm still laughing my ass off about this.

haha this story does not surprise me then. My brother in law had one of those old Grand Waggoneers that got - quite literally - 9 mpg and all kinds of wierd electrical gremlins. LOL @ Josh getting pinned in his seat

bwaaaaahahahhahaha that rules so much.

It rules because I'm in the market for an old Cherokee right now, you dudes are making me want one even more!