Hope Leaves 2:25 to 2:40... orrrgasmmm

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Alright I've tried to restrain myself from making these threads about certain sections in Opeth songs, but I've failed... this awesome part in the song just adds so much to it... goddamn, if only all songs had such good dynamics, switching from an atmospheric sound that is reminescent of a serene beach morning back into that amazingly hooky and downpouring verse riff...

If only pop music actually learned from awesome interlude-verse changes like this, then I might be inclined to think that the music industry of today wasn't doomed...

Another score for Opeth, rock on guys.

On an unrelated note...

2:40-4:42 of the song Journey To The End Of The Night (part 1) on the album of the same name by Green Carnation is the most orgasmic chunk of music I have heard in AGES. The distorted riff that leads into it...then that skittery guitar line with the touch of synth strings in the background...so beautiful, the amazing female vocals and distortion that sinks back into that hauntingly beautiful guitar line again. *sigh*

Ok done, now continue talking about Opeth...:)

in all honesty, i don't like that part at all. It doesn't seem to make any musical sense. it's random. if they'd use it somewhere else as well, i'd be happy, but as it is it doesn't seem to fit the way opeth songs usually do. (by which i mean to say that often opeth songs are arranged somewhat like 5 or 6 short 2 minute songs (verse chorus verse chorus type stuff) combined in one long 10 minute epic song.) I don't know what to say though...it's my opinion on it, and you can either disagree or agree with me. All I'll say is that I'm pursuing a Music Composition degree, so i kinda know what i'm talking about here. don't get me wrong, other than this one part, i really enjoy damnation though.

That's exactly why I love it... it makes no musical sense, and its random, exactly how alot of Orchid is. You speaking from the viewpoint of taking a Music Composition degree just reinforces my love of it, because I hate 'standardized' music y'know, but that's just a personal thing and as you said we all have our own opinions.