Hope that cheap blu-ray player was worth it.

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...worker_dies_at_long_island_walmart_after.html

Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede

BY JOE GOULD
DAILY NEWS WRITER

Updated Friday, November 28th 2008, 12:31 PM
Farriella for News

Police tape surrounds a Wal-Mart that was the scene of a deadly stampede.
This photo was taken moments before the Wal-Mart store opened. Augustine for News

A Wal-Mart worker died after being trampled when hundreds of shoppers smashed through the doors of a Long Island store Friday morning, police and witnesses said.

The 34-year-old worker, employed as an overnight stock clerk, tried to hold back the unruly crowds just after the Valley Stream store opened at 5 a.m.

Witnesses said the surging throngs of shoppers knocked the man down. He fell and was stepped on. As he gasped for air, shoppers ran over and around him.
CAUGHT ON CAMERA: WAL-MART CROWD MOMENTS BEFORE DEADLY STAMPEDE

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," said Jimmy Overby, 43, a co-worker. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too...I literally had to fight people off my back."

The unidentified victim was rushed to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 6:03 a.m., police said.

The cause of death wasn't immediately available pending results of an autopsy.

A 28-year-old pregnant woman was knocked to the floor during the mad rush. She was hospitalized for observation, police said. Early witness accounts that the woman suffered a miscarriage were unfounded, police said.

Three other shoppers suffered minor injuries, cops said.

Before police shut down the store, eager shoppers streamed past emergency crews as they worked furiously to save the store clerk's life.

"They were working on him, but you could see he was dead, said Halcyon Alexander, 29. "People were still coming through."

Only a few stopped.

It is stories like these that make me most sad and concerned for the human race. The masses are just materialistic swine fighting for that extra bit of food from the trough. I bet the people that got their dvd players didn't even give a fuck.

Wow. That is fucked. And there's probably nothing that the police can even do. And if you see the average Wal-Mart customer, I can imagine it didn't take him long to be crushed, even if they stopped quickly. Fucking 300-400 pounders rushing as a crowd, like a goddamn cattle stampede. I wish people gave a fuck more about each other. I'm not saying this ignorantly but it seems most people (not all) in the States care more about themselves than anything else. Regard for a fellow human seems to be on the bottom of the list for the average American.

P.S. Has anyone heard from Will? :s

Their sales are to die for.

:Smug:

i wonder, when the walmart was closed, what the ratio was as far as people concerned that a man just died versus people who were pissed they had to GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SHOP.

seriously, i don't even want to know what logic would compel a person to actually trample someone so they could buy an iPhone

i don't even want to know what logic would compel a person to actually trample someone so they could buy an iPhone

gal_walmart_stampede_01.jpg

Look at the crowd. Self explanatory.

Wow. That is fucked. And there's probably nothing that the police can even do. And if you see the average Wal-Mart customer, I can imagine it didn't take him long to be crushed, even if they stopped quickly. Fucking 300-400 pounders rushing as a crowd, like a goddamn cattle stampede. I wish people gave a fuck more about each other. I'm not saying this ignorantly but it seems most people (not all) in the States care more about themselves than anything else. Regard for a fellow human seems to be on the bottom of the list for the average American.

Need I say it?

You are a hypocrite.

And don't bring in this bullshit about the U.S.

:rolleyes: I am an outside observer, and that is just what I have seen from my visits there. I know it's not like that every where, but in urban (READ: Black populated) areas that is most certainly the case. In Canada, there's just a different tone, people are polite and respectful to eachother most of the time, it's common place, sure there are fucking cunts and assholes but they are far less common, from what I've seen in the states it's the opposite. People have an attitude and react abrasively first and it's less common to get someone who's really nice/polite. I'm not blaming the U.S. or blacks, just stating my opinion.