Horgh = new drummer of Hypocrisy

That seems really odd. Horg was the drummer of the allmighty Immortal, and he choses to join Hypocrisy, who are obviously selling out (though their first couple CDs were really good).

Life Sucks said:
That seems really odd. Horg was the drummer of the allmighty Immortal, and he choses to join Hypocrisy, who are obviously selling out (though their first couple CDs were really good).

I honestly don't see how they've sold out at all, having recorded all of their albums up until now at Peter Tagtgren's own studio by Tagtgren himself, and being influenced by nobody but themselves. I don't know about you, but my definition of "selling out" would be to change one's style of music under pressure from one's record label in order to appeal to more fans and therefore earn more money. If a band changes, it changes, it doesn't necessarily sell out.

MegaDan said:
I honestly don't see how they've sold out at all, having recorded all of their albums up until now at Peter Tagtgren's own studio by Tagtgren himself, and being influenced by nobody but themselves. I don't know about you, but my definition of "selling out" would be to change one's style of music under pressure from one's record label in order to appeal to more fans and therefore earn more money. If a band changes, it changes, it doesn't necessarily sell out.
I think Catch 22 is very nu-metallish. It certainly isn't death metal anymore, with the possible exception of the song Don't Judge Me. In fact, I think someone even mentioned that Peter himself said that he was going for a nu-metallish sound on that CD. And that may very well be because he thought a nu-metallish record could sell more by appealing to more people (ie nu-metal fans).

Peter himself said he was influenced by nu-metal while writing/recording Catch 22, in particular, he mentioned Slipknot.

I do like their mid-period stuff, but the last two sucked. I thought Hypocrisy was heading in the right direction with the sound found on Abduction and Final Chapter and came to greatnes with the self-titled. I would have liked the band continue along that path, but Into the Abyss was just lacking in everything. I don't mind the extremity, but the song-writing was simply uninteresting. Catch 22 was Hypocrisy's Load.

wolf said:
Does any of the older Immortal have keyboards?Going by some of the cd titles I get the impression they may sound atmospheric.
Keyboards=atmosphric? I don't get that part.
Get the older Immortal albums, they are fucking great.

Dreamlord said:
Peter himself said he was influenced by nu-metal while writing/recording Catch 22, in particular, he mentioned Slipknot.
well, regardless of what he said, I found Catch 22 to be quite an enjoyable album, and i hadn't heard a bit of what Peter said about it. fact is I don't really care what he said, as long as it sounds good to me. and come on, it sounds barely like Slipknot anyway.

IS IT ME ? OR DO MOST OF THESE THREADS GET TOTALLY OF SUBJECT ???
ANYWAY....HORGH IS AN AN AMAZING TECHNICIAN AND PERFORMER SO THE NEW LINE UP WILL PILLAGE, PLUNDER, AND DESTROY EVERYTHING OUT THERE !! :Smokin: :headbang: