Horgh = new drummer of Hypocrisy

sad0112.gif
.. but it's good to hear that Andreas is in the band now.

"Lars still wants to play drums", Peter Tägtgren explains, "but not with the hectic schedule Hypocrisy has had the last months, and still is going to have for most of 2004."
Hypocrisy`s classic trio line up (Peter, Lars and basser Michael Hedlund) is in other words past, but that doesn`t mean the band is left heavily wounded. Guitar player Andreas Holma has finally been accepted as a fulltime member of the band, and the new drummer of Hypocrisy is no other than the mighty Horgh (Ex-Immortal, Grimfist). "I can`t wait to go on tour with this new line-up!" Peter admits, "I think it will be so cool to have Horgh`s blastbeats in our songs!".

Horgh joining Hypocrisy has also led to a couple of other changes. For one, Grimfist will not be playing the 4th Inferno Festival in Oslo this easter, as Horgh will be touring with Hypocrisy during this time. Secondly, Peter Tägtgren will present a complete new line up for his project Pain later on.

Hypocrisy will be releasing their new album "The Arrival" through Nuclear Blast on February 16th, this is the band`s final recording with old drummer Lars.
"

so the website! ...but why quited lars with hypocrisy? less beer in the last time in the tourbus?

Horgh better not try to complicate songs that are supposed to have simple beats like roswell or eraser.... I dont wanna hear crazy blast beats unless they are supposed to be there :erk:

Shocking news to me, but if Peter is happy and so is Lars, then I'm OK with it. I hope "the mighty Horgh" is as good as the hype.

Hey - Soldier of Tomorrow: I went to your homepage as commanded but I can't read it because it's in some messed-up German language! :loco:

Lars was a big part of Hypocrisy's sound, he will surely be missed. This band never really needed a more technical drummer than him because the songs were perfect the way they were written, but Horgh should add a more wise complex drum sound to Hypocrisy. Judging from the last few Immortal albums, he's proven that he's not all about blastbeats. But man, Lars was a very clean drummer, hopefully he'll stick around for the recordings.

just take a listen to Immortal-at the heart of winter or Sons of Northern Darkness and you will know his style. I still have to pick up that grimfist cd. Thats more of his traditional beats going there.
cheers
Eric

Rob K said:
Shocking news to me, but if Peter is happy and so is Lars, then I'm OK with it. I hope "the mighty Horgh" is as good as the hype.

Hey - Soldier of Tomorrow: I went to your homepage as commanded but I can't read it because it's in some messed-up German language! :loco:
Actually I'm trying to do an update including new layout and English version, but I'm so fucking lazy....... o_O

Merloch said:
Horgh better not try to complicate songs that are supposed to have simple beats like roswell or eraser.... I dont wanna hear crazy blast beats unless they are supposed to be there :erk:
i just wanted to write the same ... ;)

i wonder what "blastbeat-apocalypse" would sound like :D

ileddoz said:
but why quited lars with hypocrisy? less beer in the last time in the tourbus?
"but not with the hectic schedule Hypocrisy has had the last months, and still is going to have for most of 2004."
I suppose some of the guys have a job and maybe a family.. Since the european tour started in September they've been at home only for a few weeks and soon they'll be leaving again.. could get stressy.